Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Been to doctor, some questions please?  (Read 4379 times)

Dandelion

Been to doctor, some questions please?
« on: January 10, 2014, 01:57:27 PM »

Hi all

I went on Femoston 1/10 on OCtober 22nd and as it does not seem strong enough to help my peri-menopause symptoms, I have now got Femoston 2/10.

I am currently on day 19 of a 28-day cycle of Femoston 1/10. My doctor told me to finish this current cycle of Femoston 1/10 and to start the first 28-day cycle of Femoston 2/10. She said that if I started it straight away I would get all sorts of odd bleeds through out the month.

She did offer me a patch but I was not sure of how the levonorgestrel would affect me, as I had not read up  on others experiences of it, so we decided to stick with the Femoston, and see her again in a month.

Since starting HRT, I normally have a period every 26 days, although it's day 27 and I have not yet had my period. Prior to HRT my periods would come around every 2-6 weeks.
Since starting HRT, due to starting HRT two days too early before my period, I have been getting my period alot earlier than after the two weeks of dygesterone/oestradiol pills, usually around day 22 days into the 28-day course of pills.
So, it's all a bit out of whack, to be honest.

Here's my questions:

So, should I really wait until after I have taken all 28 pills in this current batch, or could I take it on the first day of my bleed?

Before HRT I used to get a 2 or 3 migraine auras without headaches a year.
Since starting HRT I have been getting them more frequently, say, once every week to ten days. I told my doctor they had got more frequent but there wasnt time to go into the number of days.
I told her I get more headaches, but they happen at different times to the migraine auras.
Will the Femoston 2/10 give me migraine headaches, as they are stronger?

I've never had a migraine headache and I dont want one they sound really awful.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Been to doctor, some questions please?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:34:45 PM »

"there wasn't time to go into the number of days" - why not?  Perhaps another appt.?  If I don't feel I've got the response I want from my GP I go back and say "I must have been asleep when you tried to explain to me ....... " that way it looks like it's me that's wrong and not him  ;) ......... or I make a double appt..

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 04:34:05 PM »

"there wasn't time to go into the number of days" - why not?  Perhaps another appt.?  If I don't feel I've got the response I want from my GP I go back and say "I must have been asleep when you tried to explain to me ....... " that way it looks like it's me that's wrong and not him  ;) ......... or I make a double appt..
Hi and thanks but I still wish to know if I should take the higher dose femoston and when.

It takes about a month to get another appointment with that doctor and our practice likes you to stick to the same doctor.

At the time, I thought I had said all the right things and was happy with what she said, but these questions came after the fact.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:35:41 PM by Dandelion »

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 04:44:14 PM »

Hi dandelion

You asked this on your other thread which I answered.

The bottom line is no-one can say how you will react to increased oestrogen but if the you think it is the oral tablets are giving you headaches, then transdermal HRT is recommended - as per this website.

If you don't want to risk a synthetic progestogen (which the combi patches provide) then the answer is to try separate oestrogen patch and micronised progesterone (Utrogestan) which is the least likely to cause side effects as it is progesterone - ie body-identical.

Re starting the pills at a different time - it's important to complete the course of progesterone that you are on (ie the combi pills) because the dose is designed to ensure the lining that has been built up during the previous two weeks of added oestrogen, is shed.

Hurdity x

Hurdity x

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 07:39:52 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Thanks for the advice re the oestrogen and progesterone.

I'll give my surgery a ring first thing monday morning and ask if I can go on the patches.