Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hi - a panic prone newbie  (Read 3442 times)

Wombat

Hi - a panic prone newbie
« on: January 09, 2014, 12:49:25 PM »

:'(. Hello ladies.  I have just joined the forum and delighted to find I am not alone.  I expected the mood swings and the hot flushes and night sweats, but not the morbid thoughts, anxiety, constant inability to relax, insomnia and fuzzy feeling !!!!

I can't take HRT as I had a TIA 15 months ago after being on the HRT for about a month. 

I would be grateful to hear from other ladies experiencing the same symptoms please.  Magnesium citrate has been suggested to me as a treatment for insomnia.....does anyone have any experience ?
Thank you

Taz2

Re: Hi - a panic prone newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 05:29:10 PM »

Hi Wombat. Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. You will find lots of help and support on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Maryjane

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 09:14:37 PM »

Hi, I am also new and feel errrr most of the time and I am only perimeno, so I dread what the next stage will be like. I walk five miles a day which definatley helps my anxiety and I sleep pretty well as I am so tired. If you can exercise it is so good helps clear the mind.   :)

mazzy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 10:25:47 PM »

Hi Wombat

Welcome to the forum.  You will find the ladies on here  are full of information and support.  They have helped me many times.

Mazzy x

Wombat

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 10:28:18 PM »

THANKYOU ladies for the welcomes.

I am going to try walking more this weekend, not sure about 5 miles though...... 8)

So good not to feel alone with this

Chaotic

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 06:37:19 AM »

Wombat- Morbid thoughts- yes,I have them also,really terrible.I was always the life and sould of a party,bags of confidence and now I live a bit like a hermit along with my dogs on a hillfarm.It is a relief to read of all these similar symptoms that some of us,that alone is helping me.I am going back to the docs to explain all this side of my feelings as I would not tell her any of this.

Chaotic

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 06:37:54 AM »

'soul' !!

Wombat

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 10:25:37 PM »

Thank you all......I have been advised to take magnesium to see if it helps me to relax. I will let you know how it goes  8)
Very grateful for all the comments.  THANKS X