Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What next!?  (Read 8983 times)

Rowan

Re: What next!?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 04:02:31 PM »

Much easier then tweezing

epicareuk.co.uk

rosekay

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 10:13:13 AM »

Ohhh!  Have you used it yourself?  I've looked at the product and the reviews on there, which are good, but I'm a bit suspicious of reviews on product's own pages!

Rowan

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »

Have used epicure for about five years or more, we have a thread somewhere.

You can get them on amazon, there will be reviews there , there are lots of different makes that do the same thing.

anderina

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 02:51:04 PM »

how easy is it to use?I have been bleaching and plucking like the thread says "What next"

xx

Rowan

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 03:37:05 PM »

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 04:36:32 PM »

As I said earlier on - our testosterone levels decline with age and decreased testosterone is associated with fatigue and loss of libido amongst other things.

Therefore I would not want to be doing or taking anything that shows any sign (proven or otherwise) that it might reduce androgens in the body.

Here is a summary of the paper the spearmint tea info comes from - it only relates to hirsutism - and we are talking about menopausal hairiness which is different.

http://www.pcoforum.dk/print.php'type=F&thread=221

Mentha spicata Labiatae, known as spearmint and Mentha piperita Labiatae, known as peppermint can be used for various kinds of illnesses in herbal medicine and flavoring in industry. M. spicata Labiatae grows on the Anamas plateau of Yenithornarbademli town of Isparta, located in southwest part of Turkey. In this town, clinicians thought that consumption of tea steeped with M. spicata or M. piperita caused a diminished libido. Because antiandrogenic effects of spearmint and peppermint were found previously in rats, it was decided to observe the effect of this herbal tea on the androgen levels in hirsute women.Twenty-one female hirsute patients, 12 with polycystic ovary syndrome and 9 with idiopathic hirsutism were included to the study. They were took a cup of herbal tea which was steeped with M. spicata for 5 days twice a day in the follicular phase of their menstrual cycles. After treatment with spearmint teas, there was a significant decrease in free testosterone and increase in luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone and estradiol. There were no significant decreases in total testosterone or dehydroepiandrostenedione sulphate levels. Spearmint can be an alternative to antiandrogenic treatment for mild hirsutism. Further studies are needed to test the reliability of these results and the availability of spearmint as a drug for hirsutism. Copyright 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

From what I've read (and including I think the link silverlady?) hirsutism is a different issue and not related to increase in stray hairs at menopause. If it is due to sensitisation to even the small amount of testosterone as you have read silverlady, then I would say put up with it and keep as much tesosterone as you can! Better to pluck and .....  ;D than be hairless but tired and be unenthusiastic for sex.

Well that's my view anyway!!!

Hurdity x  :)

rosekay

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2014, 07:41:12 PM »

So, I have my pretty pink Epicare (though my husband looked at it and said "You bought a spring??  I have loads of them in the garage you could have had!")  Took a while to get the courage to use it, and more of a while to get the co ordination right to use it, but yep, it works!  And not too painful at all, even for a wimp like me!  Yay!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »

I've had to use creme to remove upper lip hair since my mid-teens  :'( ……. now I have upper hair and get the tweezers out every day - some hairs under my chin are now white and stiff, great feeling when they do get pulled  ;) and I have to squeeze some black hairs from under the skin as they annoy me  >:( …… it's those that break off when I use the tweezers that really make me angry …….

Might try one of those thingies ………..

However, spearmint T  :sick02:

Rowan

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »

;D rosekay that's a typical husband remark, had many of them. The epicure is a good investment, simple and effective.

rosekay

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 09:58:51 PM »

Go for it, CLKD!  If I can do it, anyone can - I'm an awful coward!  I was amazed it was so much less painful than I expected.
Pages: 1 [2]