Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Where do you stick your patch?  (Read 5136 times)

Diamonds and pearls 53

Where do you stick your patch?
« on: January 05, 2014, 09:50:31 AM »

Hi Ladies, as a newbie to patches I just wondered where most of you prefer to put them..on the pack instructions it says to stick them on your lower abdomen (which I have been doing) but is there any particular reason for this? I am sure I have seen some women with them on their upper arms..is it just personal preference?   

Diamond and pearls x

Taz2

Re: Where do you stick your patch?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 10:22:57 AM »

I think it's unusual for them to be on upper arms - mainly because they react to sunlight and need to be covered if the sun ever appears!!!  ;D It is very important not to put them in the region of the breasts.  My patches info suggested top of the thigh or the buttock so that's where I used to put mine. Netdoctor give this advice http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/facts/skinpatches.htm

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 10:36:07 AM »

I think the info on my patches suggest that the top of the arms is a no no, the bottom of the arms is ok as long as it doesn't see sunlight.

I put mine on my buttocks or lower abdomen. 

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 10:37:08 AM »

My ones say to put on below waistline, where it might get caught, so tummy or buttocks. Never seen ones on upper arm. Sure the ladies you saw weren't maybe wearing nicotine patches?

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 10:57:25 AM »

Thanks for your replies and for the link Taz-glad I asked as I didn't know about not putting them near the breasts.. Cuba girl. I guess they could have been nicotine patches..oops!

Diamonds and pearls x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 08:54:08 PM »

Hi diamonds and pearls

I have always put them on my bum cheeks, taking care to avoid where knickers might rub! They are then well hidden in the summer when flesh is bared too....

Good luck with these!!

Hurdity x

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 11:06:39 PM »

Thanks Hurdity..I might try that when I next apply one..have been putting them low down on my tummy so far, below the knicker line  and must say they stick brilliantly..I am sleeping a bit better which is good and feel generally calmer,just need the flushes to stop now ..fingers crossed !

Diamonds and pearls x

andius

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 03:03:17 AM »

Put mine at lower rib cage (doc advised this although have never seen it anywhere) or below belly button.
Every time I try buttock I lose it or it rolls up although it is supposedly better absorbed there???

Andius