Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Feeling so bad......  (Read 10355 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling so bad......
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2016, 12:56:21 PM »

Stop trying to change it.  I spent 3 months trapped inside due to anxiety but with medication and support, I did recover.  I thought I would never open the front door again. Try to live in the now, I don't look any further than half a day ahead  ;)

Hurdity

Re: Feeling so bad......
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2016, 02:51:54 PM »

Good luck with the doc Clovie - wretched hormones  >:(

Nuttymum70  :welcomemm: - if you have been having hot flushes then maybe you are peri-menopausal? Unfortunately the mini pill is not good for this time of your life because some of the types actually suppress oestrogen levels which could end up making you feel worse. Also if you are heading for an early menopause you need oestrogen in the form of HRT rather than anti-depressants. I'm not sure how you can see where you are (period-wise) without coming off the mini pill - but of course you will want the contraception. What did your blood tests show?

You could always switch to one of the CCP preparations with bio-identical oestrogen, eg Qlaira which will give you the added oestrogen as well as provide contraception. This is supposed to help even out the hormonol fluctuations that occur during peri-menopause and make you feel as you do - so that you could stop the ADs.  There are a couple of members  who have tried this - Briony...Docs are not supposed to prescribe these (ADs) for peri-menopausal symptoms although many docs are not clued up about menopause and HRT so continue to dish out ADs - when you need your whole hormonal regime looking into and adjusted to your needs!

Hurdity x :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]