Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Question re Femeston and sleeplessness  (Read 4600 times)

bluerabbit

Question re Femeston and sleeplessness
« on: January 25, 2016, 12:09:01 PM »

Hello, I am currently on Elleste Duet 2mg, was fantastic for first two months, but now is causing dreadful insomnia. I have suffered from the 3am waking up insomnia for years and have learned to cope on little and fractured sleep. But this is so bad as I can't even get to sleep. The possible side effects on the Elleste info sheet do list sleeplessness, so fully expect it is down to this HRT. Am going to see my not altogether helpful doctor to try a new type and have looked online and sort of seen that Femeston doesn't list sleeplessness as a side effect, I wondered if any of you could confirm this before I talk to GP? I figure I need to know as much as possible in advance as sadly my GP practise is not hugely supportive of HRT. Thank you!

Milamam

Re: Question re Femeston and sleeplessness
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 12:17:26 PM »

Hi bluerabbit,
I am on Femoston 2/10 for 18 months now, and in fact it helped tremendously with the insomnia that I had prior to starting. Especially when I start the progesterone tablets. The progesterone in Femoston is very good, works for me fine anyway.

Good luck!
Milamam

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 12:25:32 PM »

Hello bluerabbit and welcome to the forum.

I can't help with your specific problem although I'm sure other ladies will be along to advise you.

However we are similar in that we suspect that the side effects of our HRT is actually adding to our problems!

Having spoken to the ladies on this site I plan to see my GP who like so many needs guidance when it comes to dealing with the menopause!

Take care.

K.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 03:55:51 PM »

Hello bluerabbit

I have been.in Femoston 1/10 for the last 4 weeks, and just upped it to 2/10. My sleep has been absolutely fine x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 03:04:06 PM »

Hi bluerabbit

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about the sleeplessness. How old are you and whereabouts in menopause are you ie what had your periods been doing in the 12 months or so before you started the HRT? I use Estradot ( small oestrogen patch) and separate progesterone on a cycle ( ie have a withdrawal bleed) and I sleep generally well although wake up in the night sometimes and then can't get back to sleep straight away!

Hurdity x

Nuttynora

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 12:16:21 PM »

Hi blue rabbit

I too started femoston and within 2 weeks I was getting a much better nights sleep.  Hoping to change to the lower 1/10 and hoping I don't go back to the waking at 2,3,4 am like a meerkat!

Nora xx

bluerabbit

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 09:36:01 AM »

Thank you all!
I am 49, and had irregular periods before starting the HRT. I went on it primarily though as I was losing my mind, and it has helped enormously with that. I have started the Femoston now and keeping everything crossed I will sleep better, ie at all.
Thanks again.