Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hyper sensitive  (Read 8432 times)

Mrs January

Hyper sensitive
« on: January 08, 2014, 07:09:50 PM »

Hey Ladies

I seem to be hyper sensitive just now...prey tell is this how anyone else may feel....I have two teenagers at home 16.15 bursting with hormones and attitude....OH can be very turse......

What to do?? often want to hide but have to present with a smile.....hiding my hurt xxxxx

Taz2

Re: Hyper sensitive
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 07:13:44 PM »

Maybe let them know how you feel. All that hurt simmering away inside wont do you any good at all. You don't have to "present with a smile" as that only means the situation will be repeated again and again and again.... because nobody realises that you are not happy. Us women are dreadful at not actually saying what we mean.

Taz  :)

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 07:21:56 PM »

Just say you're not having a good/week. I've found it much easier if I tell hubby I'm not A-ok.  Kids need to realise that you have off days too.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 07:39:15 PM »

Print off the information for husbandx son the home page and getyour OH to read it. At least he may get some idea of what you are going through.

Are your teens boys or girls. Girls can be told. Not in glowing technicolor but a bit. Even boys can have some things explained. My kids are now 24 (boy) and 19 (girl). They know I am on HRT and my daughter is supportive and even my son will offer a hug. They make excuses for me on occasions if I say I am not having a good day. Kids have to learn that parents have problems too.
Don't hide every thing otherwise you will go mad.

Glad my time with younger teens are over. Before you know it yours will be grown up too. Share a bit and you may be surprised how supportive they can be.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 08:28:57 PM »

As HB says, print out the info for husbands page out, it's really helpful, they need to understand what is happening.
I did this with my OH it turned out he had worked it out already, he wasn't any more helpful mind!

As for the offspring, break it to them you are not feeling good, and just need some time out from being hassled by them.

It's much easier if you say you are not feeling good, to both husbands and kids.
Hope things improve.

Mrs January

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 08:51:11 PM »

Thanks ladies

I did print off the husbands bit...he has sneaked a look at my Dummies for menopause book too. To be honest he things it is all directed at him....I know not but he still don't get it! his feelings seem to have changed enormously for me so could be the end.

Have three kids one 22 great guy, the others are 16,bot, 15 girl my lads are better but the younger ones only 11 months apart so full on hormones. I have a stressful job too .......phew  so guess what doesn't break me will make me stronger.......thanks for your help xxxxx
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:57:44 PM by Mrs January »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 08:58:48 PM »

Sit them down round the table and tell them - either individually or as a family.  Often partners don't know how to react and sometimes too much info is for them, too much  ::) ……… "I need to talk to you about how ill I feel" can be a starter.  Also tell them if you require more help around the place.  If you don't ask you don't get, they are not mind readers!

Mrs January

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 09:07:42 PM »

Hi CLKD

Honesty I have tried it all, individually and as a group. I have provided a hotel service lol for them all for years and they are so intolerant if things are not there for them.....

I have taken a great back seat and let things go...just wish relationship with OH was more than friends...I am only '50 and still have the passion xxxx

smudgesmum

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 04:50:33 PM »

It's easy to lose sight of what is important when you are struggling just to get through each day.  We just have to accept that we can't do the things we once did either physically or mentally.

I suffer very badly with Anxiety and Panic Attacks and Hypersensitivity to all things people say and do.  I have learnt now to say what is on my mind... and yes it has cost me some so called friends but I am happier in myself.

It was my Birthday yesterday and I admit I felt very hurt at the thoughtlessness of one my presents (I was given a book token when I have been using a Kindle for 2 years  ???)

You have to decide for yourself what is important and work on that... and make it clear to others that you are no longer prepared to run a hotel service for your Family.

I have been accused of being selfish... but my answer to that is that I have earned the right  :)

You can get back what you feel you have lost with your Husband.

Smudgesmum xx

Mrs January

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »

Hi Snuglesmum

Thanks for your reply. I am good at being resilient and strong...but some days with the meno tis just impossible. I Have a stressful job too which can be hard.....At home I do much less as it is only me doing most of chores etc and children. Our house and boat are for sale and despite all my efforts the OH and I are not working out. No amount of my efforts have been enough.....

Thanks for being kind xxxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 03:33:03 PM »

If anyone dares to call me 'selfish' I tell them: "survival is selfish otherwise babies wouldn't cry at birth"!