Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Men about the place  (Read 9999 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Men about the place
« on: January 03, 2014, 03:12:26 PM »

DH is an angel, a boy amongst boys.  His parents raised them to cook/wash/sew if necessary.  Once they sat down in the evening if the boys wanted anything to eat/drink then they made it themselves ......... or his Dad would go in and they would make egg butties  :sick02: together - DH cooks every day.  I do washing/ironing, we garden together in that I have the ideas and he does the hard digging/brick laying/tree planting.

My sister has 2 boys.  One is more able around the house than his elder brother  :-\ ........... My sister will let everyone run around and Mum still does so but there's an emotional issue there which I am still trying to work out  :-X

honeybun

Re: Men about the place
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 03:59:00 PM »

My OH is the youngest of five. He said that by the time his mother had him she was fed up with kids. She went out to work when he was five and he had to sit in the coal shed when he came home from school as she would not give him a key. That went on until his dad found out.
She threw him out at 16 as she said she had supported him long enough.
He supported himself through an apprenticeship and went on to have a successful career that took him all over the world.
She was a rotten mother in all ways.

He is fiercely independent and can do everything that I can but no one taught him anything.
He is kind and caring and a brilliant father but has always had problems showing his emotions.
A trying upbringing .....Yes.

He made himself into what he is with no input from anyone.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 04:14:17 PM »

Maybe she was rotten because she was having children without having any choice about it?

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 04:17:49 PM »

No CLKD, she was a selfish self centred old so and so.

As you would say , I could write a book and none of it would make nice reading.

Could you defend a woman who treated a small boy like that even if she did not want any more children. There is no defence for that.
You would probably not treat an animal like that but you think it's ok because she had no choice.

Honeyb
x
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:21:01 PM by honeybun »

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 04:18:44 PM »

I *will* write the book - eventually  ;)

My DH is currently peeling veg. to go with the lump of pork he put into the oven .........  :-*

lily

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 05:21:47 PM »

My hubby is a twin ( 2 boys) and has one older brother and one younger.  His mum spent a lot of time in the kitchen making stews, soups, scones etc and his dad did the dishes.  Hubby has taken bits from both of them as he likes to cook sometimes and he does the dishes.  Emotionally though, whether it was because they were all boys I don't know, but it was frowned upon to have feelings  ::)  So even though he sometimes cooks, does dishes and helps around house if asked to, he does not have a lot of compassion for others and has been quite hard on our sons at times.  I'm the opposite though, so I suppose they've not gone without and probably just see the love stuff as mums business and the practical stuff as dads.

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 05:43:37 PM »

My hubby got where he is today, through self motivation. No support ever from his folks. He got a Saturday job years ago for pocket money, his mum took two thirds of it for his keep.  His parents basically treated him as useless!  Yet he has turned out to be wonderful to me & our kids.

Cooking is still a mystery to him though, that's what microwaves are for aren't they?  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 07:19:55 PM »

Perhaps we should all send our husbands to CLKDs house as he is an "angel ".
Perhaps he would give Angel lessons.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 07:33:58 PM »

;D he doesn't have time.  He's been trying to teach me since 1975  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 07:55:17 PM »

Not surprised as he has to do so much. Can be tiring being an angel so I am told.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 07:56:24 PM »

How does he fold his wings when you are, you know... and don't they get very wet during your shared shower sessions?

Taz x :ange:

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 08:00:52 PM »

Wonder where he hangs his halo when he washes his hair.

:banana:

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 08:07:57 PM »

He hangs his halo above his side of the bed.  His wings fold up …….. a little shake after our shower and they are drip dried  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 08:18:34 PM »

Hope the camper van is big enough to accommodate them both and he does not have to leave them behind.
You might have to do your own cooking CLKD like the rest of us.

There might be no choice then.

Honeyb
x

Cassie

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »

HB.... you make me smile :)
Pages: [1] 2