Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Weight gain not as bad as feared  (Read 7220 times)

Joyce

Weight gain not as bad as feared
« on: January 06, 2014, 03:56:12 PM »

This time last year I embarked on a diet hoping to lose around 2 stones. By summer holidays I was a couple if pounds off target, but was happy enough. Didn't stick rigidly to diet after holidays & due to sore shoulder, did very little swimming.

Stood on scales today, and things weren't as bad as feared. Put on an extra 4 pounds since holidays. Diet & exercise restarted. Given myself a new target, so hope to lose some weight in the coming weeks. Roughly trying to lose about 10lbs, which I hope won't be too hard.

honeybun

Re: Weight gain not as bad as feared
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 04:28:01 PM »

Well done you. Four pounds is nothing.
I have put on a bit. Don't know how much as I have not got on the scales  ;D

I will have a big cut down but I have a job to do first......eat all the remaining chocolates  :o

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 04:44:27 PM »

Most of my chocs gone, of course I had a very willing helper!  ;D

I've bought some Oats so simple to kick start my morning. Just got to get my head around taste. I don't dislike it, but it's the milk bit. Using oat drink this time round so hope I can manage to actually finish it, rather than the couple of spoonfuls I usually take. Such a waste.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 06:36:17 PM »

Most of my chocs gone, of course I had a very willing helper!  ;D

I've bought some Oats so simple to kick start my morning. Just got to get my head around taste. I don't dislike it, but it's the milk bit. Using oat drink this time round so hope I can manage to actually finish it, rather than the couple of spoonfuls I usually take. Such a waste.

Try oatbran. I buy it at health shop but many supermarkets do it now. I use 3/4 pt liquid to serve hubby and I.  I use 1/4 pt skimmed milk and rest is water. Oatbran has quite a creamy taste and is very good for you.  We use 5 tablespoons of oatbran to that. We then chop a banana on top or have blueberries or fresh mango. Yummy!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 07:02:42 PM »

DH has porridge for breakfast every morning, with chopped dates and/or banana over the top.  He makes it with full fat milm, we don't have semi-skimmed anything in this house  ;) ………. I have had OatsSoSimple occasionally, the one with added honey.

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 01:28:34 AM »

Just lost half a stone since being ill. One good side effect. I am eating much smaller portions now and try to eat nutritious stuff only. As I get better, obviously I will eat more, but a good base to start from. I have not been able to do a lot over the last few months.