Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feel awful  (Read 7505 times)

Taz2

Re: Feel awful
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 08:24:37 AM »

How can you holiday alone with someone? Am puzzled! That wouldn't work for me I'm afraid.

Taz x  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 08:57:20 AM »

Separate ends of the camper van perhaps.  ;D

It's the worry of spoiling things for others that bothers me.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 09:07:41 AM »

Me too! On my own I don't have that worry. It doesn't matter if I spend the whole week wrapped in a duvet feeling dreadful - there is only me there to be bothered by it.

Taz x

Spangles

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 12:20:23 PM »

Hi Taz
 your 'alone' holiday sounds great, I would love to do it but I'm afraid I'm just not brave enough, maybe one day.
I really feel for my OH, he's so patient with me through all this I just hope he doesn't have to go through it with me for many years, I hope I'm lucky and don't have to much longer to go. Seriously though I think it's going to be a long haul but there's nothing wrong with dreaming.
xXx

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »

Hi Shelb - I have been going alone for over ten years now but only in this country and to one of two favourite places. In the beginning I did it because I was looking after my two ill parents - 150 miles from my home - and still had sons living at home and a part time job. I split myself between the two places each week - four nights at my house and three nights at their house. Although I didn't know it at the time menopause was looming with all the various period problems and mood swings. A week totally on my own doing exactly what I wanted used to put me back together to carry on for a bit longer. It was just so liberating not to have to ask someone else what they wanted to eat or where they wanted to go and to get up when I wanted without feeling I might have been spoiling someone elses day. You meet lots of people when you are on your own - people tend to talk to someone on their own but not to couples.

It may not be a long haul for you and it is great to have a supportive partner.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 07:36:54 PM »

Do not assume that your husband/partner feels like you think he does  ;) .  I felt guilty for years in case I spoiled our holiday but as DH told me, he likes reading so would sit quietly if necessary; he would go fishing and when he caught something would phone so that I could look through the binocs to see how big the fish was as our cottage over-looked the Bay in which he was fishing.  So talking through each other's requirements for a holiday is important!

Holidaying together alone is: we 2 but no one else  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 10:44:53 PM »

This year was the first for 25 years that hubby and I had a holiday on our own.
It was a bit of a mixture for me as I missed my daughter very much. On the other hand it was really nice not to have to think of anyone but ourselves.
I think if my anxiety had been a bit better I would have enjoyed myself more.

Anxiety has a lot to answer for as it leaches the pleasure out of life.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 [2]