Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Fibroids - Pain :-(  (Read 3384 times)

Patientone

Fibroids - Pain :-(
« on: December 29, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »

I was recently diagnosed with "a few good sized fibroids" - per my dr I am to monitor the bleeding (day 20 without bleeding yay) and repeat the ultrasound in 6 months. Possible hysterectomy. I am 54 and deep in to the land of peri.

I am grateful that it's nothing worse, but I am hurting and uncomfortable every day.

My lower belly feels bloated and achy. It's the kind of pain that wants a heating pad.

Any suggestions ?  Ways to ease the discomfort ?

Joyce

Re: Fibroids - Pain :-(
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 09:33:45 PM »

So sympathise with that pain. I put up with it for ages before asking for help. I had hysterectomy in my mid 30s. They found fibroids & cysts.

Paracetamol and ibuprofen helped, but never killed pain completely. Bleeding was almost constant. So long ago now, 20 years, can't remember what pain relief I was given, but think it was maybe Ponstan.

Patientone

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 10:42:45 PM »

I have ibuprofen but what are the other meds you mentioned?

Trey

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 10:56:11 PM »

Same history as CB.  Back in my day in US we used Midol.  Don't know what it was though.  I had hyst at 32 and no regrets, for large fibroids.  They are supposed to shrink at menopause or so I've heard.

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 08:30:35 AM »

Google Ponstan Patientone.

It's used for painful periods & the pain after childbirth, to name but two. It's an antiinflammatory, but has many contraindications.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 04:26:46 PM »

I used to use Ponstsan for period pain in the 70s. Made me very sleepy but that was no bad thing for night time.

It's been around a while.

Have you tried codeine.

Honeyb
x

Patientone

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 05:04:57 PM »

All I have is ibuprofen. I'm new to the firbroid scene lol.

Been in Peri for 3+ years, end of Oct 2013 started spotting... it didn't go away fro 48 days.

Got in to my dr. testing showed fibroids. I'm in a wait and see if they will settle down phase.