Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Gosh I missed  (Read 7699 times)

babypink2807

Gosh I missed
« on: December 29, 2013, 01:38:30 PM »

Reading!

After much medication and struggling with the Meno (which I didn't think I was) been on HRT now for 6 weeks and one thing I am enjoying is reading again.  I am motoring through books I've struggled to read and remember and it's been great.  Hurrah

What have you guys enjoyed again since going on HRT which you struggled with

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gosh I missed
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 03:43:25 PM »

Oh good thread!!!  I remember how, when deeply depressed, I was unable to concentrate long enough or be bothered even to open a book.  It was one thing I noticed as I began to recover and now we read avidly ...........

babypink2807

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 04:40:03 PM »

What books have you been reading?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 05:17:47 PM »

Lots - several novels although I prefer real life.  I can enjoy books but not always remember titles/content  ::)  Elizabeth Noble is a fav. at present, when I get some to hand I will let you know!

Milliemoo7

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 07:31:14 PM »

In my early 40s I was unable to read for 18 months due to stress over my son's illness. I have always been an avid reader. What finally got me back on track was meeting Nick Hornby who signed a copy of his autobiographical novel - Fever Pitch - which is about his obsessive love of Arsenal football club.  We were allowed to choose which of his books we had signed and I went for that one as my husband liked football; I didnt dream I would end up reading it myself.  Anyway, for some reason I picked it up, started reading it and couldnt put it down!  I dont even like football but the human interest part of the story got to me as I love autobiographies.  That's what finally got me back to reading.  These days though I am more into Su Doku, though I always have a book on the go but if it's one I cant really get into I find it difficult to persevere.  Life's just too short.

babypink2807

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 07:37:01 AM »

The odd thing is I hated reading as a young adult, then would you believe it kick started again with Dan Brown.  Then I really started to read

Last 12 months with what I thought was my illness but turned out to be meno symptoms the cloudy head, dizziness memory issues (which scared the hell out of me ) even reading and absorbing emails and instructions worried me.  I never missed a trick in my working life and it got to the stage I was seriously struggling.  HRT now I can't get enough reading in

So far reading newspaper every day
After Camelot (about the Kennedy's )
Elidor my childhood book
Chris Evans Auto
Jo Brand Auto
Pride and Prejudice
Alison Weir The a Lady in the Tower (about Anne Boleyn)
The other Boleyn Girl

Coming up Game of Thrones

lily

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 02:36:56 PM »

I always have a book on the go - reading Eat, Pray, Love just now.