Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Patches recommendations please!  (Read 2986 times)

Doris

Patches recommendations please!
« on: December 30, 2013, 09:38:41 AM »

Hello ladies!
I haven't been here for ages but need some advice please, I used to know all the hrt types inside out but things change so much and I haven't kept up recently.
I'm 42 and went through the menopause at 27 so I'm not new to hrt, I've been on lots of different ones over the years! Since having my 2 year old and finishing feeding him a year ago, I've been using 50mcg estradot patches which I love... good size, stick well, but they irritate my skin now. Are there any other patches which compare to estradot for size and durability that I could try? I'm also wondering about going back to sandrena gel which I had before, although waiting for it to dry (and remembering it every day) is a bit of a pain.
Thanks!

ellie66

Re: Patches recommendations please!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 04:27:43 PM »

I love my oestrogel never used patches but giving this a bump for you  :)

ann123

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »

I use Evoril conti, not sure how they compare but they stick well!!!

moonbeam121167

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 07:04:49 PM »

Sorry I  can't help either  as I am wanting to come off the pills but not sure which one to try the gel or the patch, leaning  towards the gel, especially Sandrena gel  :)

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 07:54:23 PM »

I'm on Estradot patches, which I like better. However, gel is good alternative.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 08:19:50 PM »

Unfortunately I don't think there are any other patches that are small like Estradot (which I have used for over 6 years). All the others are the bigger ones. How did the irritation begin -can you find a way not to scratch or do you come up in a red swelling where you apply the patch? Does it only irritate after you remove it?

If you really can't continue with Estradot then as you say, going back to the gel would probably be the best option. That is the main reason I don't use it - having to remember and apply it every day!

By the way how lovely to have had a child at 40 when you went through an early menopause!  I am intrigued as to how you were able to achieve this and what a wonderful thing to happen! There are others on here from time to time who have gone through early menopause and are worried about the effect on fertility - so it would be interesting to share your experience, if you felt able to do so.

Hurdity x

Doris

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 09:48:12 PM »

Thanks for the advice, you've been helpful. I think I'll go back to sandrena gel next. It's a shame because I loved the patches, but they are making me sore now. I can still see a prominent red patch shape from the last one, and the one before that - sore itchy, not tickly itchy.
I have been blessed with 2 miracle babies now. I was diagnosed when I came off the pill at 27, with fish levels of 56 and 94 along with hot flushes etc. Went through 2 rounds of donor IVF, only had one embryo each time and both failed. Quickly after the second round I fell pregnant naturally, aged 32. Was content with just the one for 5 years then wanted to try DIVF again. First fresh round failed. Second fresh round ended in miscarriage at 6 weeks. Frozen transfer resulted in my little ray of sunshine at age 40!