Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Irritability  (Read 6581 times)

honeybun

Irritability
« on: December 19, 2013, 08:49:19 PM »

Does anyone else feel this way.

It's bubbling under the surface and is barely controlled. Every thing and everyone is getting on my nerves.
I am sitting typing this and hubby and son are chatting and I just want them to be quiet and give me peace. Their voices are too loud.

I am not normally this bad but this is not a good feeling. Just want to explode.

Don't like this feeling. It's like PMT at its worse.  :-\

Honeyb
x

catdude

Re: Irritability
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 09:08:02 PM »

Yes, all the time and I hate it because I know it's me and not everyone else. I'm snappy and short tempered and noise is the absolute worst thing.

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 09:08:37 PM »

I am often like this - but it's getting much worse recently.
I blame the weather, I'me being serious.
The way the weather, especially the wind has been recently, there's just no let up, it's unremitting.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 09:14:38 PM »

If it's hormonal rather than normal for the season (!!) then could it be the progestogen affecting you? I can't remember what type you are on now but I think you are still on continuous progestogen which unfortunately can give pmt type symptoms to many women. It could just be the stresses of the season making you more susceptible to it - unless you have some of your own hormones left maybe?

The loud voice thing for me is always part of a migraine or the start of one or sometimes one that half gets going - and is definitely associated with the progesterone, and I usually feel exhausted with it for 2 or 3 days.

Perhaps you can go into a quiet room, close your eyes and listen to some calming music....

Hurdity  :)

lily

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »

I think it's normal for this time of the year, we all get so tired and crabby with a million things going round in our heads and all the shopping for presents and food.  I can't wait to have some days off for Christmas and New Year, having to drag myself out of bed in the mornings.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 09:51:56 PM »

I have been on the same type of HRT for four years now and although I know the constant progesterone makes me a little flat it has never made me feel this irritable.
I think I am just tired but this feeling is remarkably similar to what I used to be like before a period.
I just can't believe how much everything is annoying me. I am even annoying myself.
I know it's the wrong time of year but I need a holiday preferably on my own.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 09:54:35 PM »

Hurdity is the progestogen in Evorel Conti one of the aggravating ones?

I have always had migraines, but then again I have always been on the BCP. Was Microgynon for many years but then switched to Loestrin 20. I think Loestrin may be a awkward one, but that settled down for crabbiness after a few weeks, not migraines however.

If I go into a quiet room I suspect I will consider poking OH with a stick, he's being awkward, or is it me, I just don't know.

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »

Is it any wonder I am irritable.
I try my best I really do but I never seem to get anywhere.

I was at mum's this morning and we were talking about what days I would be there over Xmas and New Year. I will be there the same amount of days but I am jiggling them around as I don't want to be doing housework on Xmas Eve or New Years eve. She was so nasty about it. I give up, I can never win. I rarely miss a day but this is never thought of.

Honeyb
x

Rowan

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 03:33:24 PM »

HB your irritability is not hormonal, its a sign of stress and carer burnout, I think you know that, I can understand this as I have been showing signs of this, I have always been a very cheerful optimistic person, and never suffered from mood swings not even through peri or menopause, but this year has taxed me somewhat.

Living or caring for an older person is hard.

Thinking of you. x

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 03:34:40 PM »

Hello honeybun
Yep, know the feeling. Irritable is my middle name at the moment, everyone and everything annoys me and I'm constantly angry with myself for being forgetful, tired etc. Someone on this site once described it as PMT times a hundred and I'd agree with that.

As for elderly relatives, my mother-in-law makes constant demands on my sister-in-law and is never grateful, just critical all the time. My husband and others also help a lot, infact she has a small army at her beck and call but it never seems to be enough somehow.  It is very hard work  so I'm not surprised you are feeling the strain.

No magic answers I'm afraid, just sympathy and understanding.
Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 04:18:48 PM »

Sometimes it all gets a bit much, so I know what you mean HB. My son does it with me sometimes. Other times it's the TV being on for no reason. I have to take myself off out of the way before I say something I might regret.

SalW

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 08:03:56 PM »

Things sound tough HB.  I think you have so much on your plate at the moment you are bound to be feeling crap and irritable.  Being a carer is hard, I found it really difficult trying to juggle supporting my frail Mum and Dad and looking after children. 

I lost it today about a stupid charger lead for the iPad.  Pmt x100 sounds about right.

Be kind to yourself, you are doing a great job.  This time of year is especially tough.

Take care,

Sal x

Natalie50

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 10:27:21 PM »

Oh yes, can certainly identify with this one...feeling like an unexploded bomb..horrible

LilFeather

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 11:56:52 AM »

I know what you mean, HB, and it's even worse when it does boil over because then it's apologies, beating myself up, etc.   >:(

I have blamed weather, lack of exercise, too much sugar in my diet, etc. - all to no avail.  Does not even seem tied to my cycle any longer. 

Perhaps a good round at the local boxing gym......