Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Weird smell  (Read 3894 times)

Kraut

Weird smell
« on: December 27, 2013, 05:24:30 PM »

Hi all
I posted about this a few weeks ago (my first post) and scoured the forum but am still none the wiser. Have had a very odd smell in my nose for the last few months which could best be described as one you'd smell when walking past a hedge that has been peed on (or this particular hedge stinks naturally like that) or smelly bloke... :o. It must be me but I smell it even after showering and dousing myself in body spray/putting new clothes on etc. Can't always smell this but very often. I'm not really any sweatier/smellier than usual so what the hell is it? Btw, my hubbie can't smell it at all and it isn't him...I think  ::)

ariadne

Re: Weird smell
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 06:44:14 PM »

Hi Kraut, could you have a throat or sinus infection? Have you been using any nasal sprays at all?

You could try rinsing out your nose with saline solution - if you Google it you'll see how its done.

I sometimes get the smell of a coal fire in my nose for a day, then it goes away. No idea why.

Ariadne xx

Pauline

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 06:59:02 PM »

Often sinus blockages or infection give rise to odours. It would be worth getting the sinuses checked out. Nasal sprays can help as can nasal irrigation.
Hope you soon find a solution.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 08:33:55 PM »

I bumped the thread I started - you didn't see it, will try to remember what I called it and bounce it again ;-)

Kraut

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 09:22:15 AM »

Hi all
Thank you for your answers. Will try and give the nasal spray a whirl  :D. CLKD, I did look at your thread last time I posted but I'm not sure....will see how it goes with the spray. I don't seem to have many perimenopausal symptoms (as yet). All getting a bit confusing with my MS.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 09:41:53 AM »

It might also be a good idea to check with your dentist? Fillings which are going spongy and a bit off can give you really strange smells within your nose - especially if it is an upper one. Also gum disease can have the same effect.

Taz

Kraut

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 01:06:15 PM »

Hi Taz2
No, deffo not my teeth. My dentist is very happy with me but thanks for your input!