Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Sales  (Read 18195 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sales
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2014, 08:12:01 PM »

I don't launder blankets.  They get a good shake out and are hung on the line on fine Spring days.  Sheets/pillow slips are as easy as a duvet cover - we had duvets when they first arrived in the UK.  I ditched the duvet 10 years ago as the feathers caused allergy problems in that if I got too warm …………..

honeybun

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2014, 08:26:17 PM »

I would have to launder blankets other wise I would feel as if my bed was not clean.

You don't have to have a feather duvet. There are lots of different fillings which are suitable for people with allergies.
Far more hygienic.
Blankets remind me of my grannie.

Honeyb
x
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:19:15 AM by honeybun »

Limpy

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2014, 08:44:07 PM »

We have a electric top blanket with sheets.
OH can't cope with duvets, HE gets too hot, well we both do really.
The blanket is light, if very cold it can be left on all night, though not often required.
It can also be washed.
Seems to suit us both.

Taz2

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2014, 09:42:07 AM »

I like blankets much better than a duvet and used to sleep so well at my mum and dad's house where they still had blankets. I love to be tucked in so always use a top sheet with the duvet so my side can be really tucked in tightly. Now I have got the hot sweats back that's not something I can do which may be why I don't sleep so well?

As for laundering blankets I guess you could launder them as often as you launder the duvet?

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2014, 09:50:57 AM »

I don't like anything too heavy over me but I do use a top sheet.

Blankets just sound like hard work to me. Hate doing sheets and trying to get them dry so blankets would be a nightmare for me.  ;D

I like the easy way out and a nice puffy duvet.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2014, 11:09:10 AM »

Yes making the bed is much easier with a duvet. Can you fit yours in your washing machine Honeyb? I have to use the local cleaning company for mine.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2014, 11:15:49 AM »

I think I probably could get mine in the washing machine but I am too scared too  ;D.
I take ours to the local laundrete and they have a one day service. Using a top sheet seems to keep it cleaner for longer but when I was having night sweats I felt it had to go in a lot more often. I have one to change with though.

I have a bit of a thing about beds after watching a programme about what we share it with.  :o
If I could put the mattress in the washing machine I probably would do.

Honeyb
x

littleminnie

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »

I steam clean the mattress after probably watching the same programme.

Taz2

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2014, 02:07:23 PM »

How do you get on if you stay in a hotel, holiday apartment or B&B - has the programme made you wary of doing that?

Taz x  :-\

littleminnie

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2014, 02:50:48 PM »

Not at all. I take the steam cleaner with me.  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2014, 03:11:48 PM »

;D

I found that the duvet made me hot = allergies and sneezing ....... now that we have sheets/blankets/electric blanket I am much better.

Apart from C.mas cards I haven't been sales shopping

honeybun

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2014, 03:15:49 PM »

When it's self catering I take my own pillow. Hubby laughs at my performance but I have been the same for years. I have one of the covers that go over the mattress that's supposed to contain the little blighters. If I could boil my mattress then I would  ;D

I also saw a programme about what lives in your eye lashes   :o. I was not a happy bunny with that one. Humans are host's for all sorts of things. Can't control that but I can have some say on what I share my bed with.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2014, 04:29:33 PM »

It's all interesting. I have never thought of even hoovering my mattress let alone steam cleaning it. I take my own pillow but that's because it's comfy. Bedbugs are horrible. You can pick them up in all sorts of places but I am not going to think about it.. la la la la la la

Taz x  :D

ellie

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2014, 04:44:23 PM »

This thread is making me itch  ;).   

honeybun

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2014, 07:40:27 PM »

IThey like to live in dead skin cells which are abundant in bedding. I regularly hoover my bed and do my laundry on a really hot wash. There is also the mattress cover.
I buy new pillows regularly.

I just don't like the though of the little creepy thing in bed with me. As they say in this part of the world....they give me the skunners.

That's why I won't have blankets as I am convinced they would be more cosy in a blanket than in a sheet and bedding that had been damn near boiled.

One of my little foibles.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5