Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: elleste solo 1mg - just started but am confused  (Read 5493 times)

rosycheeks

elleste solo 1mg - just started but am confused
« on: January 10, 2014, 05:15:37 PM »

Hi
This is my 1st post.
Am menopausal at 48. Blood test showed this 2 years ago. Have not realised my bad moods, irritability and anger for no reason was down to menopause until my partner had had enough! Have had loads of other symptoms over time, too. Have not had a period for 6 months when coming off pill then.

I have a womb, never had a child or been pregnant.

Went to GP on Tuesday - who put me on meda elleste solo 1mg.

The following day - Wednesday - I started what can only be described as heavy period with typical pains, etc. which continues although lighter and less pain.

I have been researching a bit and cannot understand why I have not been given a progestogen with it. If I have understood from the info, the lining of my womb will thicken putting me at more risk, Also, for this reason, I understand that the elleste is predominantly given to women with no uterus/ womb.

Anyone out there can help/ advise please?
Thanks

Taz2

Re: elleste solo 1mg - just started but am confused
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 05:21:10 PM »

Hi rosycheeks. Yes, you are right. You should have been prescribed a sequential HRT where progesterone is added into the second half of each month's cycle. This has happened to other women on here, me included, and you need to have a word with your GP to get the correct HRT prescribed. Elleste Duet is a sequential HRT although the progesterone is Norethisterone which can cause problems in some women giving them PMT symptoms. If you are prescribed this one then see how you feel and if you do get any symptoms then you can choose an HRT with a different type of progesterone. It takes a while to get used to each HRT - three months is recommended before trying another one.

Taz  :welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:21:36 PM »

Hi rosycheeks

:welcomemm:

Oh dear - yet another example of an incompetent GP! I'm afraid to say this has happened before and what a good job you are on the ball.

Yes you should be given a cyclic HRT with a progestogen in it for the last 12 days- 2 weeks of the month. I am surprised you bled immediately though and perhpas you were going to have a period then anyway?

I would contact the GP again and ask for Femoston 1/10 in the first instance.  The progestogen in Elleste is norethisterone which causes more side effects in susceptible women, so given the choice go for Femoston whatever the GP says.

Taking the oestrogen without progestogen is fine for two weeks or more so it's OK to keep on taking the tablets. It just means that if you get the Femoston (if that's what you decide) you will just continue on the day that it should have been ( eg if you take Elleste for a week, then start the new HRT on Day 8 if you understand me).

Hope this helps

Hurdity x

PS Edit - just posted same time as Taz so apologies it sounds repeated..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:23:50 PM by Hurdity »

rosycheeks

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 05:31:01 PM »

Thank you so much to both of you.....will def book an appointment asap.......best of it s, he had a female student with him to whom he was explaining lots - he even checked if I still had a womb (verbally of course)
thanks again and let you know