Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: there is light at the end of the tunnel!!  (Read 4457 times)

janine

there is light at the end of the tunnel!!
« on: December 22, 2013, 07:55:13 PM »

have not been on here for a while but i hope this info can help others  ;) have been on the peri meno for the last couple of years and what a rollercoaster it has been!!!  ::) flushes mood swings panic attacks weight gain feeling like your going mad and many others!!!  >:( soooooo eventually i had to try and sort myself out! so slowly i started to excercise nothing much to start with just walking to the local shops then swimming once a week then twice a week YES IT WAS HARD AT TIMES but i made myself do it!!! slowly i did start to feel better symptoms got less slowly then i joined a slimming club and so far have lost a stone  ;D its taken a long time to do it but i have stuck at it
the differance is amazing!!!  ;) i feel better mentally and physically feel better sweats gone! who knows they may come back! but for now feel like my old self so there is hope! i do still get scrambled egg brains sometimes still lol but hey can deal with it sorry to waffle on but i just want to hopefully help anyone who is struggling!  ;)  ;D merry christmas to everyone to!  ;) :)

bramble

Re: there is light at the end of the tunnel!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »

Well done. It's hard to change your lifestyle but you are now reaping the benefit! Merry Christmas!

Bramble

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 11:52:16 AM »

'scrambled egg brain' - yep, that describes me exactly  ;D

Thanks for sharing!  Long may it continue!

spider

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 12:09:05 PM »

Well done Janine!

I've been thinking and wishing so much I could get the motivation to do exactly what you have done.
Today I am crippled with anxiety and feel like running away....but after reading your post I know there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel and me yes me I am the only one who can do it...
Can I ask how you motivated yourself to keep up your hardwork?

Spider xx

moonbeam121167

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »

Same here  :) :) :)

Maggies

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 06:02:16 PM »

Hey Spider

I too get anxiety...maybe ask a friend or child ( if you have any) to join you.... A friend and I started couch to 5K in the summer.....left it off for now but you can do it to music etc ...take your time and achieve hun! Try not to give in to the anxiety it will pass, eat well, given up caffeine,alcohol and smoking if you need too....I use Lavender to help me sleep and crawl from bed some days if I have to....

Love and hugs

Lyn :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:07:43 AM by Maggies »