Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Weird head sensation/pressure  (Read 17779 times)

SalW

Weird head sensation/pressure
« on: December 20, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »

::)

I have found an old post on weird head sensations but wondered if anyone else can relate? 

I get a weird building pressure in my head which makes me feel a bit off balance, tired, teary and shaky.  It's like my brain is shaking inside.  It comes and goes but seems to be happening loads at the moment. 

Would welcome some support as I feel very alone with all this. 

Trying hard not to show how I feel as don't want to worry my lovely hubby and boys who are only 13 and 10.

Thanks so much,

Sal x

Rowan

Re: Weird head sensation/pressure
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 11:44:56 AM »

Maybe BPPV

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/benign-paroxysmal-positional-vertigo-leaflet

It is not like normal vertigo. Is an imbalance, I suffered with this for years but it under control now.

toffeecushion

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 11:45:40 AM »

I often get a feeling of pressure on my head, it feels like someone is pushing on me.

SalW

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 11:53:07 AM »

Thank you silver lady and toffeecushion for your fast replies :)

So good to know I'm not alone!

Seems to be so many weird symptoms experienced during menopause.  Helps so much having this forum.

Thanks again

Sal x

babypink2807

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 01:41:32 PM »

It seems the list is endless on symptoms of menopause, although there are familiar ones.  I sympathise with you and the pressure in your head.  There were times my head was so fuzzy, cloudy and under tremendous pressure I cried.  The pressure at times was intense not nice at all

SalW

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 02:56:29 PM »

Thank you so much babypink.  Sorry to hear you have experienced this horrible feeling too.  I hope you are feeling better now. :)

Did you find anything helped or is it a case of muddling through?

Thanks again,

Sal x

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 03:54:37 PM »

Maybe BPPV

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/benign-paroxysmal-positional-vertigo-leaflet

It is not like normal vertigo. Is an imbalance, I suffered with this for years but it under control now.

A digression:
This is interesting. I wonder if this is my Dad's problem. He can't lie down on one side, but is ok otherwise. I'll give him the info to follow up. Thanks.

meno lesley

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 07:48:06 PM »

I have had this feeling a lot. Feels like I have a band tightening around my head, my vision is foggy, cannot think straight and very tearful. I am on hrt but have found when trying to reduce it that it all comes back.

Lesley x

SalW

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »

Sorry to hear you have the dreaded meno head too Lesley.  It's good to know the hrt helps but a bit of a b***er it comes back when reducing.  Hope mine lessens as I get further along with hrt. Thanks for sharing,  take care, Sal x

meno lesley

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 07:59:19 PM »

What hrt are you on and how long have you been taking it for?

Lesley x

SalW

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 09:44:05 AM »

Hi Lesley,

Thanks for your post.

I'm on Femoston 1/10 and have been on it for 23 days.  I hadn't had a bleed for 8 months and then had a month with now symptoms (fantastic!) and then had a bleed.  Then without for 5 weeks so Dr said to start taking hrt straight away as we didn't really know where I was in my cycle.  Don't know the exact result but my fsh was really high, over 100 I think. 

What type of hrt are you on and did it take a while to find the right one?  Hope you don't have to reduce it if it means you feel rotten again.

Take care,

Sal x

Smokey

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 03:20:50 PM »

Hi Salw

I've had the horrible tight feeling around my head, but no pressure, but have fuzzy feeling too my nuro sais it was tension heads due to hormones.

SalW

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 04:28:36 PM »

Thanks Smokey, sorry to hear you have head problems too.  Great to have a neuro that acknowledges the impact of hormones! x

meno lesley

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 09:23:49 PM »

I did try quite a few before the one that I'm on which is estrogel and utrogestan. It's been the best for me emotionally but have trouble with my feet which I'm not sure is attributed to hormones or me. I was trying to reduce my hrt in order to see if foot pain improved but head stuff came back and I couldn't seem to function properly.

Did you have the funny head before hrt?

Lesley x

babypink2807

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 10:36:34 PM »

Thank you so much babypink.  Sorry to hear you have experienced this horrible feeling too.  I hope you are feeling better now. :)

Did you find anything helped or is it a case of muddling through?

Thanks again,

Sal x

I muddled through for so long then desperation dug in and I opted for HRT, best thing I ever did, but it's very early days I feel relief to be honest
Pages: [1] 2