Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: From Sandrena to Estrodot  (Read 3025 times)

Suz

From Sandrena to Estrodot
« on: December 18, 2013, 05:40:04 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of chnaging from Sandrena to Estrodot?
I was on 3mg of Sandrena, but levels of estrogen still were not high enough as per doc. So she introduced a new regime: Mirena and estrodot 100.
 As a result of previous experience I decided to start with Estrodot first, as I am really not ready for Mirena.
So, my question is: anyone had a similar transition? and how did you find it?
I am feeling bloated, breathing issues, blood pressure must have increased too, leg aches, pelvic niggles, and all my joints are hurting,thrush and dry eyes.
on the positive side: I feel happy and alert. So was thinking could it be dose related rather than patch instead of Gel.
Spoke to GP and asked if I should cut the patch down to reduce the dose. She was not keen on that, but I know you can do that. With Xmas on the horizon, I do not want to be suffering. As an afterthought, I should have left the 'change over' until after xmas.
Any thoughts/comments experiences much appreciated,

Thanks
Suzanna

Hurdity

Re: From Sandrena to Estrodot
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 09:40:08 PM »

Hi Suz

I'm sorry I can't help you there as I've never used gel but maybe if you weren't getting enough oestrogen from the gel than changing to Estradot 100 mcg straight away has increased the levels too rapidly - rapid increases and decreases in both oestrogen and progesterone can cause side effects. The best thing really would have been to build up gradually but hopefully the worst will be over soon?

If you are worried about your blood pressure then perhaps you should get that checked and of course anything else that is worrying - eg breathing disorders aren't listed as a side effect. You seem to be in touch with your GP so that's good.

Also what progestogen were you using with the Sandrena? When you say you are not ready for the Mirena - you really do need progestogen after a few weeks, otherwise your womb lining will build up - and particularly on Estradot 100. However I presume your doc is OK with waiting a little for this as  the Mirena will thin it eventually?

Hurdity x

Suz

Re: From Sandrena to Estrodot
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 11:54:53 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

Thanks for your reply.
I cut the patch a little and feeling 100% better. So will see if I need to increase to full dose.
I cut it by about a quarter. A little bloated round the belly but hoping will settle, but blood pressure and breathing all ok.
I use provera 10mg. So was planning to stick with that and see how things go, with patch and provera. Really do not want Mirena, too scary. The feeling out of control and rely on someone to decide when they want to take it out doesn't appeal to me. Too many horror stories.
My kids have just recently got their mum back, without the mad episodes, I am not ready to put them through that again!
Thanks Hurdity.
 ;)
Suz