Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help! Feeling horrible during second half of Femoston 1/10  (Read 10588 times)

SalW

Help! Feeling horrible during second half of Femoston 1/10
« on: December 18, 2013, 11:08:01 AM »

Hello!

Hope a I can get some advice and cyber hugs,  :o

On day 20 of Femoston 1/10.  First 14 days of white tablets were fine but since starting the grey ones (dydrogesterone too) I have felt steadily worse. 

I have constant dull achey head with occasional sharp pains and I have creepy crawly and hot ****ly sensations all over my body.  Cold hands and occasional pins and needles.  I woke up dizzy this morning too. Went to Drs and was told to stick with hrt and that nothing was wrong, just unpleasant symptoms making me anxious.  I am struggling. :'(

Can anyone relate to this please?  I feel quite scared and have silly thoughts about having a brain tumour or stroke! ::). I also feel very teary, tired and a bit sick. :o :'(

I was probably expecting too much from the hrt but have felt rotten for so long I was looking for a miracle!

Hope someone can help,

Thank you,

Sally x

sweatybet

Re: Help! Feeling horrible during second half of Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 12:03:30 PM »

Hi Sally

Sounds like you are quite sensitive to the progesterone in femoston.  Stick with it for the three months then if no better you can discuss changing.  This hrt is supposed to be the easiest to get along with, I tried this and more recently the conti version.  I was unable to tolerate the side effects so now manage with nothing.

Hope this helps.

Sb

SalW

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »

Thanks sweatybet,

Sorry to hear you had bad side effects and are now managing without.  That must be tough.  I will give it a longer try and hope things settle.  The headaches are the worst thing for me, what did you find worst for you?

Sally  :o

sweatybet

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 04:25:29 PM »

Hi Sally

I found the bloat and abdominal pain the most off putting.  As I am now three years post meno I think the symptoms are fading, still get the hot flushes but usually more at work when I am stressed.  I think I had more symptoms peri meno but did not realise what was happening.  Wishes you success with femoston.

SB

SalW

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 06:00:10 PM »

Thanks to SB for post and good luck to you too!

Felt horrible today and seriously considering just stopping the femoston.  Have only been on it for 20 days so would it be ok to just stop and see if headache inproves?  Not sure I can put up with the side effects, it has helped with the palpitations which is great but think I would rather have hot flushes than a constant headache and weird head sensation.

Any comments, advice and experiences would be so welcome  :)

Sal x

Christine

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 06:35:01 PM »

Hi Sal

I had to come off the Femoston 1/10 due to bad side effects after 5 months. I know how you are feeling, but if you could try to stick it out for a while longer it may settle for you as we are all different. The grey pills were the worst for me too.

I really hope it settles for you & helps.

:)

SalW

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 10:09:59 PM »

Thank you Christine for sharing your experience.  I will persevere, only 7 of the little grey beasties to take!  Hope things don't get too much worse.  Will be interesting to see how I get on with the white ones this time  ::)

Are you on a different sort now? 

I was wondering about trying solo estradiol tablet or patch  and utrogeston.  Anyone else tried this with success?

My GP after wanted to see me after Christmas so I can have a chat about everything then.  Wondering about asking Dr Currie's opinion but probably need to be on the Femoston for 3 months first.

Cheers,

Sal x

Christine

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 11:55:43 AM »

Hi Sal

I don't take anything now since February this year....its a rough ride but I cant take HRT it just doesn't suit me.

I hope it works for you. :)

SalW

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 02:16:35 PM »

So sorry you can't take the hrt Christine.  It is rough, I hope you get some peace soon,
Sal x