Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: When should I expect to bleed?  (Read 2645 times)

anna123

When should I expect to bleed?
« on: December 17, 2013, 06:39:25 AM »

Good Morning
This may be a very naive question!
I started taking HRT in November and on patches.  I put on  an Oestrogen only patch on days 1,4,8 & 11 then a combined patch on days 15, 18, 22 & 25.

I'm currently on day 24 and no sign of any bleeding. I assumed I would bleed once I started the progestogen part of the HRT or at least a few days later. I know everyone is different but woul be grateful if people would share their experiences please. Getting depresses thinking I'm going to bleeding over Christmas  when I've not had a period in months :(

Dancinggirl

Re: When should I expect to bleed?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »

When I was using sequi HRT I found I would usually bleed about a day or so before or after the final progesterone dose. My withdrawal bleeds were never heavy so don't worry about it happening over Christmas.
Don't worry about asking questions that seem simple either - we've all been there - it's a new journey and can be a bit stressful and worrying. Hopefully you will be feeling great very soon.
DG x

anna123

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 10:48:30 AM »

Thanks DG .It's just something I had no idea about and not something people really discuss.This site is such a Godsend :) Thank you for your help.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 05:09:41 PM »

Hi anna123

Most women should expect to bleed a few days after stopping the progestogen part of the HRT - it is the reduction in progestogen that triggers the bleeding. Some women do bleed before the end like Dancinggirl, and this may be more likely to happen if you are peri-menopausal as your own hormones are still fluctuating, so no need to even worry at all at this point! Well if it happens at Christmas - I'm sure it has done so before in your life, but this time hopefully you will be less fed up because you are feeling better with the extra oestrogen?  :)

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 05:31:48 PM »

I agree with the others - it is the withdrawal of progesterone which starts a bleed.. usually..

Taz x