Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hrt  (Read 5024 times)

Jojo123

Hrt
« on: December 19, 2013, 01:03:08 PM »

Hey I'm 25 years old and started HRT 4 days ago, unfortunately I don't know how to deal with this whole situation . I am feeling quite sicky is this normal as tablets are settling in the system..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hrt
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 04:38:31 PM »

:welcomemm:  25 is very young, have you read the menus - left of screen?  There is a lot of good advice there and hormones can make us feel sicky, tired, energetic - you'll find lots in the threads on the forum.

Browse round  ;)

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 07:02:50 PM »

Jojo  - You seem ever so young for HRT.   :o

I think it's not unusual to feel sicky. It's the same hormones, albeit at a reduced level, that are involved in the Birth control pill and people often feel sick when starting that, but it usually settles down. Hope you feel better soon.

:welcomemm:

Jojo123

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:33:30 PM »

Thank you both very much :) it's weird for me being on it so young but it is because I have a very high hormone level not long been given the medication , this website is very good for this as I don't know much about it  :)

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 08:29:48 PM »

Jojo don't want to be to pushy or nosy, but why have you been given HRT?

Jojo123

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 10:26:24 PM »

Because my ovaries don't Ppear to be working and my hormone levels are far too high, haven't had a period for over a year and my actual pill was taken away from me as they thought it could be that, however the professor has no realised that actually my levels on its own are too high for anything

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 09:57:50 AM »

Hi JoJo  :welcomemm:
So sorry to hear you are having these problems at such a young age.  I think the information you're giving us is a little confusing as you describe your hormone levels as being very high when I suspect you are meaning your FSH level is high -  a high level of FSH means your ovaries are not stimulating hormones so your oestrogen level will be very low.  If this is what is happening then you will need HRT to replace oestrogen and progesterone.  Do you know what your levels for FSH and oestrogen were when last tested?
It is a shame you have not been given better advice and information to help you deal with this but hopefully we can help you make sense of this.
Finding the right balance of HRT for you could take a little time and, yes, you may get some side effects initially.
What HRT have you been given?
Hopefully others will be along soon with help and advice.  Hurdity is a great source of help as she has a science background and may be able to give more precise information and help.
DG x

Jojo123

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 09:00:59 AM »

Hiya dancing girl,

Sorry about my confusing post, last tested my FSH level was 120 and my oestrogen was 45, the HRT that I have been given is Cyclo Progynova 2 mg. and that's great that people are on here to give help/advise because to be honest I'm a little unsure of the whole situation. When I was in the hospital I couldn't really think straight once I had been given the information as it also makes me infertile so will have to also have fertility treatment when the time is right. Fair enough there are many options out there but it's just something I have to get my head around at such a young age.  Jo xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »

Oh Jojo123 - you have so much to come to terms with at the moment.  Keep posting us all and we'll try to give support. 
Oestrogen level of 45 is very low. 
I haven't heard of Cyclo Progynova 2mg - I don't think it's on the list to the left of this screen under HRT Preparations but maybe it's similar to something on this site.  I looked it up and it has Norgestrel as the progesterone which I haven't heard of but hopefully someone will be along to help out with info on this. Sometimes the type of progesterone in a HRT preparation can give some PMT symptoms so it's worth trying different progesterones e.g. Dydrogesterone or Utrogestan. The Oestrogen amount in this HRT could be the right amount for your age but, again, time will tell.
It may take some time for your hormone levels to settle and you may have to try a few different types of HRT to find the one that best suits you. There are many ladies with a broad range of experiences of HRT who visit this site so hopefully we can help along the way.
It takes about 3 months for any HRT to settle and for you to see whether it is right for you, so try not to worry.
Good Luck   DG x

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 08:08:20 PM »

Hi Jojo - things will seem less confusing now you have found this great site. Have you heard of The Daisy Network which is specifically for those experiencing premature menopause? http://www.daisynetwork.org.uk/  You might get further advice on there and between us perhaps we can make things a little better for you.

Taz x