Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: The Things Kids Say !  (Read 11311 times)

catlady

The Things Kids Say !
« on: June 29, 2013, 07:23:04 AM »

I have a 19 month old granddaughter who is starting to talk quite well but she can't
say Granddad.

Hubby is getting called Do-Do for some strange reason. ???
The other day hubby was at the bottom of the garden and granddaughter ran down to
him shouting Do-Do at the top of her voice..  ;D

I'm glad I opted for Nanna at the beginning,  she can say that !  ;D

Ann x

Joyce

Re: The Things Kids Say !
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 11:35:34 AM »

They are so funny. My eldest granddaughter has come away with some beauties. Train trip a few months back she said I was fat, I said but not as fat as I once was. I'd call it overweight but decided not to get touchy about it.  ;D Anyway she then replied "Yeah but you still have big boobies" in the loudest possible voice! Then giggled for a good few minutes too long, as I tried to hide my blushes, oh and my big boobies.  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 03:01:54 PM »

;D

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 04:16:31 PM »

My son was a very serious little boy and very funny.

We were on holiday at Creiff Hydro when he was about three. I had bought a tartan rug....we call it a travelling rug in Scotland.
There was a very fancy wedding in the hotel and the men all had kilts on.
He asked in a very loud voice why the men had travelling rugs on and why daddy did not use ours like that.

;D

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 05:33:20 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Of course the original real kilts were used as blankets in days of yore!  ;) Must have been terribly draughty for true Scotsmen.  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 07:42:23 PM »

My DH's Uncle was in a Scottish regiment and they had kilts - also wore shorts underneath.  The kilts would slap on the back of the calves in the wet  >:( but they were taken off at night, rolled round the Soldier so that he had a blanket under which to sleep. 

Dyan

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »

I work in a nursery with pre-school children and this week our topic is science.
I did an experiment called 'Ocean waves' where you fill a jam jar half with water and half with cooking oil.Then you add a few drops of blue food colouring.( held on its side it makes waves like the ocean)
I then put the lid on and gave it a shake and said to this little girl,"watch & you'll see it separating in a minute"
I gave her the jar and she held it up and got all excited and said,"look,it's celebrating"

catlady

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 06:17:33 PM »

;D  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »

Thought I'd share my 5 year old granddaughter's comments.

On collecting her dad from work she was allowed out the car to deposit a sweetie wrapper in a nearby bin. Daughter praised her and got the reply, That's because I'm a genius;D

At school the teacher has a system for behaviour. Very good is a shooting star, down to a dark cloud for the opposite. So mum & dad have adopted this for use at home too. So mum & dad were having a heated discussion last night over something trivial, due to sleep deprivation. Youngest gets up at silly o'clock and won't go back to sleep. Anyway, 5 year old heard them and sent them both to the dark cloud. Daughter said they had to keep their giggles to themselves or they might have needed to stay on cloud for longer.  Supernanny in the making I think!  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 04:09:02 PM »

And they don't get any better as they get older .....Just cheekier.

I was trying to convince my daughter to try a slice of the melon that hubby and I have lovingly grown. I was telling her that melon was 98% water and the smart reply that came back was .....Yes and 2% yuk.

You just can't win with kids of any age.   I always think teens are oversized toddlers....mind you I think men are the same.  ;D

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 05:58:27 PM »

It's the things that make them who they are though. My mum always said my brother & I were cheeky so-in-so's. She said when we stopped being cheeky it was time to start worrying?

countrybumpkin

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 08:47:52 PM »

Many years ago my husband had a machine in his workshop that made a sound like "bonk" when he was using it and it became known as the bonking machine ( yes you can guess where I am going).  Our son was about 4 yrs old and being a boy totally ignored a ringing phone but the only time he ever answered it before me the person asked for his dad and he said very clearly  " Dad is bonking in the shed".
Cue a very red faced me grabbing the phone. Thankfully it was a friend who was speechless with laughter but imagine if it had someone else :o :o

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 11:41:31 AM »

Eldest granddaughter is learning how to do wind-ups. Her father's a good teacher.

Yesterday she came home from school & said nobody liked her jumper. It was Christmas jumper day.  DD asked who in particular disliked her jumper, again it was everybody. Daughter asked what she'd done about it, GD said she'd told the teacher which DD said was good but wanted to get to the bottom of the problem, thinking GD was being bullied. So DD asked a few more questions. Next hello GD is in stitches laughing and said, Only kidding mummy! Little monkey! DD thought she was going to need to speak to GDs teacher, as if she didn't have enough to do at this time of year. We were in stitches.  ;D

Scampi

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 12:26:38 PM »

When our daughter was about 4, we were staying at a Premier Inn for a short holiday.  One morning at breakfast, as Lady P's plate of baked beans and sausages were placed in front of her, she shouted 'sausage time' at the top of her voice!  Waitress, hubby and I were virtually helpless  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 04:28:19 PM »

;D