Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Amazonian twaddle  (Read 12360 times)

Joyce

Amazonian twaddle
« on: December 14, 2013, 10:53:46 PM »

Not a happy bunny. Decided to order a Cinderella dress for eldest GD as she is being taken to Panto when they come up. Knew she'd want to dress up. Thought son/GF were ordering, but they got wires crossed so I said I would do the honours. So in order for it to come quickly opted for trial of their Prime service. Well sure won't be subscribing to it. Delivery was supposed to be yesterday, but knowing it's a bit mad this time of year, thought it would arrive today. Nope. So got in touch with Amazon, who have said they can't do anything before Wednesday as I have to give it time to arrive! The seller is supposed to be very good, but not this time. Doesn't say much for their Prime service. Somebody else on here was complaining about the same thing recently, sorry can't remember who. Serves me right for trying to find a bargain. I may well be trailing shops to find one. One of the supermarkets sell them, but not as much bling on them. But GD may well have to have a less blingy one. Last year problem buying her Little Mermaid outfit. Why do we grandparents put ourselves through this?

ellie

Re: Amazonian twaddle
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 08:33:10 AM »

Have you tried the Disney shop? I have ordered things from there for my GD, and the delivery was very prompt...

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 08:49:25 AM »

I will if necessary ellie. Daughter didn't want me spending heaps, hence Amazon. I know Disney have them as I looked in town.

Just annoyed at Amazon.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 09:51:42 AM »

Don't blame you CG. I decided against prime as I did not think I would really benefit from it. It's mainly kindle books I buy and the prime range is limited.

Hope you get it sorted before they arrive for the holidays.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 10:16:05 AM »

It's unusual for Amazon to let you down like this and so frustrating. What is showing on your account re delivery and dispatch? I'm not sure what "rights" Prime gives you as I have never signed up for it - wasn't sure it would give me much really and I just knew that when the free trial finished I would forget to cancel it!

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 10:30:13 AM »

Cancelled my "Amazon Prime" stuck a note  desktop calendar so would not forget.

Disappointed in "Prime" and benefits parcels were not delivered  the next day by a special friendly courier assigned to me as was told to me in the welcoming email.

You are told that you will have access to the Prime lending book library, but you are only allowed one book a month, so its not really a library and only certain books are "Prime" to me its not worth the subscription.

I still love amazon but my ordinary account will suffice.

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 02:25:55 PM »

Strange, but came by express delivery today!  It's a relief, but first time I've had reason to complain. Certainly won't be using Prime again. I have it until January, but I've already cancelled it. She's going to love the dress though, all twinkly.

bev567901

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 04:40:24 PM »

Was just about to post that I have a Cinderella dress I could send out to you. Glad it came, I love Amazon never let me down & I get all my dog foods on the subscribe & save service. They don't even knock just leave in on the porch as they know I am always busy. xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 07:06:22 PM »

Have you any idea how big the Amazon warehouses are  :o  ……… and how rushed off their fork lift trucks the helpers will be from October onwards?  You may find that on your 'prime' ordering form there is Small Print which warns of this?  I had a look-see one day when the TV followed a couple of workers around, it was HUGE!  We live not far from one warehouse and I am going to ask for a proper tour once the rush is over ;-)

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 07:25:09 PM »

Why  :-\

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 07:44:41 PM »

Do they do tours then? I thought they might be too busy and it's not good to have people wandering around the warehouse - might get run over by a forklift!

This is from 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb-4rt_6wDo

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »

To be honest out of all the tours I could take an Amazon warehouse would not be a place I would want to visit.

Give me a good castle any time.  ;D

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 08:04:58 PM »

Aw bev that was a lovely thought, thank you!

I appreciate that things are mad this time of year, however, standard deliveries have come faster - ordered something else 2 days earlier & it arrived promptly.

As for tour of Amazon warehouse, why would you want to do that? Can't think of anything more boring.

Anyway panic is over now.

Rowan

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 09:32:08 AM »

Thank you girls this did make me laugh ;D just when I needed it.

A tour of amazon's warehouse :o now if it was GOOGLE Head Quarters or N.A.S.A then I would be interested :)

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »

Well you're never going to believe this, now M/care have lost the plot. Went to collect item which I'd ordered. Had print off, they couldn't find it. So they checked order number & they'd changed my surname. Tried to make out it was someone else staying at my address. Eh no.   Address was only way to identify it. So then they looked under name on their files and still couldn't find it.   My surname was on print off, but not their records. Eventually they decided to give me item off the shelf. Wish me luck as I've still got two items to collect, one for my daughter.
Pages: [1] 2