Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: GP practice  (Read 6988 times)

Joyce

GP practice
« on: December 12, 2013, 09:13:53 AM »

Wonder if anyone can help, especially Scottish ladies. I've spoken before about hassles DD has had with her local GP. She's finally exercised her right to change to another one after checking online about which practice was better.

I've been searching to see if there is a body in Scotland which does similar checks. I'm sure there is, but everything I've checked just goes to general info about the various surgeries rather than patient/authority reports. Hoping someone can help.

honeybun

Re: GP practice
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:41:53 AM »

I really don't know CG.
All the info I can find just talks about the individual practice. There must be something though surely.

We don't have any choice here as there is only one. Used to have two but they joined together.

Hope someone else can help.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 11:57:13 AM »

Thanks HB. I agree there must be something. Just interested to know. My own GP is  an area leader for GPs. But not sure that actually means he's a good doctor. I used to like him, but many don't. He's seems a bit sleezy. Not saying he would do something inappropriate as he always refers me to female GP for any intimate examinations. I just ask for female to save time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 02:27:15 PM »

The dailies are full of 'dangerous' surgeries this morning ..........  ::)

When our 'new' GP arrived, over 20 years ago, he sent an invite to all the patients on the Register to attend for an informal chat.  That way he met us all individually, I was able to talk with him about how he saw the Practice expanding and improving .........

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 04:43:25 PM »

Well daughter is relieved to be changing at last after all the hassles she's had. Surgery she was at has highest rate of failed appointments. She said last time it was over 300 missed appointments in a month. Does make you wonder.