Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: the incredible shrinking breast!  (Read 17324 times)

marras

the incredible shrinking breast!
« on: December 09, 2013, 04:10:19 PM »

Hi ladies, hoping some of you can throw some light on my peculiar problem.  My breasts have always been the same size. Over the last few years I have experienced some left breast pain and I also have a tiny, benign cyst in the left one. However, for the last couple of months, I have noticed that the left breast has shrunk! It is only a small amount nevertheless my cleavage is lopsided. As we are told to report any changes, I went to the doctor who referred me to the breast clinic. The lovely lady consultant did a thorough examination and a mammogram and all was negative. She couldn't explain why my left breast should suddenly become smaller so I am left wondering and also worrying that it will become even smaller, thus requiring a 'chicken fillet' to even things up!! I am quite 'breast aware' as my mum died of breast and ovarian cancer when I was ten so I always check for lumps, etc. I am 63, and have never been on HRT. I would appreciate any thoughts please.
 :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: the incredible shrinking breast!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 04:13:53 PM »

Hormones  >:( ............. glad that your exams have been negative!  Is the shape the same with the breast becoming smaller?

marras

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »

Thanks CLKD for your prompt reply. Yeh, thought it would be down to the hormones; aint everything?!! Breast same shape but getting smaller.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 04:37:22 PM »

Kind of shrinking from the inside  :-\  ???

Rowan

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 04:38:06 PM »

After menopause we still produce tiny amounts of hormones, it probably means that your left breast is becoming les sensitive.

My right breast got bigger before I had breast reduction.

I have just been reading this that was posted  on another menopause site.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5421343_breast-increase-during-menopause.html

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »

Hi marras

Other things being equal (eg weight etc) your breasts would be likely to shrink after menopause in the absence of oestrogen, and in your case as you haven't had HRT.

To me what is more surprising is not the decrease in the left one but why the right one hasn't decreased yet!

Before I went onto HRT and while I was probably in late peri-menopause - mine definitely shrunk and what was there had less substance to them - they were more floppy! Since I started HRT they have grown - and I would say maybe a little bigger than they were but not much, and definitely more substantial.

However weight changes also affect them - whenever I have lost weight in my life, with or without HRT, my breast size has decreased.

Glad to hear your tests were all OK and maybe the right one will follow suit!

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »

I'm not sure why one and not the other although since I stopped HRT mine have now lost a lot of density - plus a whole cup size - and the right one is floppier than the left although the same size. Strange to think that they have only remained youthful due to a small patch!

Taz x  :(

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 06:56:36 PM »

I never had big bloobs except when I was pregnant. I find it very sad that even small boobs start to go floppy and droop.

Can mother nature not leave us something.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 07:17:55 PM »

Thanks Taz that really cheered me up  ;D

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 07:27:19 PM »

:ange:

As it says "use it or lose it" so it will be our fault when our men's appendages shrink and shrivel no doubt!!

Taz x

Trey

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »

Appendages?  Really, that is what it/they is/are called in UK ;D

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »

It's a very polite term Trey.

Is there an equivalent in the US ?

;D

Honeyb
x

Trey

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 11:37:50 PM »

Oops, can't think of any equivalent polite term. :-X.  I've never been off estrogen since I was 41, after hyst at 32 and my boobs have not changed.  Wish they would get a bit smaller.

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2013, 01:26:18 AM »

They wont change while on oestrogen Trey - it's only since I have stopped HRT that they have lost their firmness which is right of course - like keeping us younger than we are really - and why not!!

Taz x