Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Calling all cat owners.  (Read 16231 times)

Taz2

Re: Calling all cat owners.
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2014, 07:08:49 PM »

I've had this before CLKD and it has always been caused by a flea infestation. I would suspect this especially if the cat has been treated with Frontline which no longer seems to work in a lot of cases.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2014, 07:14:27 PM »

Unfortunately yes I have ellie. My vet is one of my friends and she and her colleagues have a chart that keeps a note of the smelliest dogs. Mine is up there with the best/ worst  ;D.
It's straight home and into the bath.....the dog not me, and even then I can still smell it.
Now I have a dog groomer that does glands and nails before the bath and cut. Works a treat.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 09:11:30 PM »

:thankyou:

The smell never bothered me.  Made the dog yelp a bit though.  Our Vet did it, then I found out later that she was newly pregnant but she never flinched  :o  ::)

Fleas did cross my mind too. I've shut her on her own with a bowl of food and another of water so that I can see if she vomits in the night and whether she eats much.  Then I'll decide ……..

I did look on U-tube ……… but she isn't my cat so I don't know how she would react if I started jabbing about round there.  She's not a lap cat so difficult to hold still for long.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]