Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie with questions  (Read 2067 times)

wends65

Newbie with questions
« on: December 04, 2013, 11:42:20 AM »

Hello, I am 48 with 2children 14 and 10. Can anyone tell me if this is normal -  for the past couple of years my periods have been all over the place, usually going 3 or 4 months in between, then every month for a few months and then months apart again - and a lot heavier . October 2012 I had a period after 6 month absence - full on flooding for 24 hours, and then normal. Since then I`ve not had a proper `period ` as such, every few months I get a slight bloody discharge - like old blood what I would get towards then end of a period. Sometimes only visiable after I have been to the loo and wiped, no need for anything other than a panty liner and sometimes not even that, have noticed my hair seems to be coming out a lot when I brush it, no hot flushes  but am tired and feel  down and sometimes can't be bothered getting out of bed - though I do!

ellie66

Re: Newbie with questions
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 01:42:39 PM »

HI, Sounds like perimenopousal symtoms. I had similar symptoms. I am 47 so your age. My hot flushes started as just feeling too warm and now without HRT they are full blown mega hot flushes :angryfire:

Ellie

andius

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 11:59:02 PM »

Hi and welcome to forum!

This exact scenario happened to me at age 49-50 and lasted 3 years until I had my last period.

I am 57 now, postmeno and on HRT.  Do you have any vaginal or urethral symptoms during the time when you don't have periods??? During those times I had burning and feelings like I had UTI but docs could not find any infection and did not know what is was.  It would go away when I had period again.....often on that exact day.  As long as periods were monthly, I had no symptoms.  Now I know it was the start of VA.

I hope you don't have this, but just wanted to mention it so you would beware.

Andius ;)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 07:31:46 AM »

Hi wends - welcome from me too.

Your symptoms do sound peri menopausal but they could also be down to anaemia - especially the hair loss and feeling tired all the time. My doc says that absence of periods does not automatically mean menopause so I think you should go to see your GP and have a check up to make sure that your iron stores are ok.

You will find lots of info and support on here.

Taz  :welcomemm: