Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can i have a moan!!!  (Read 11794 times)

clio

Can i have a moan!!!
« on: December 03, 2013, 05:03:56 PM »

Ladies im so up set i cant stop crying and being really grumpy. Some of you may know i got married in May this year and bought a house at the beginning of the year.  Its taken all year to decorate the front room, stairs and landing as there was so much to do.  We ordered our carpet in October and paid a deposit, a guy came round to measure up 3 days later and our date for it to be put down was Tuesday last week.  I was really excited as our posh furniture was arriving this week to fit around the carpet date and we had doors to order and a few finishing bits n bobs.  Anyway, I found up the store SCS on the Monday to make sure everything was ok for the Tuesday and yes they said we were on the list for our carpet to be fitted.  It was our day off work that day which is why we picked it however by noon no one had turned up so I rang the shop who said would ring the fitter and get back to me.  They called to say the fitter wasnt fitting any carpets that day as his mother in law had died!!!   SCS said they will try and get hold of someone else and phone me back.  About 4.30 SCS phoned to say he can have someone with me the following day at 9.30! No I said, im at work that was why I had booked for the Tuesday, I said 4pm or Sunday which of course they wouldnt do the Sunday.  The fitter turned up at 6.30pm after phoning SCS yet again, he seemed a nice enough guy and made some checks on the measurements to find the carpet wasnt big enough!  I phone SCS and played hell with them as there was no excuse as they sent a guy round to measure up,  he tried to fob us off with having it joined, I said no that wasnt what I wanted or paid for, he said the only thing he could do was order another for the living room which will be 2 wks, reluctantly we agreed but I told him I wanted something knocking of our bill plus not paying any extra cos we needed a bigger piece.  SCS told fitter do what he could that day to keep me happy  >:(.  He laid all the underlay and fitted carpet on the landing,  we have wrap around stairs which longer to do and it was 9pm by that time so fitter said he would return the following evening to do the stairs.  The following day he sent me a text message to say he was unable to come that day but he would come on the friday if not defo Saturday morning, he didnt turn up either day.  Went to SCS and spoke to the guy who sold us the carpet, he has been unable to get hold of fitter himself plus the fitter still had the living room carpet which was too small plus our stairs carpet,  they are not allowed apparently to keep any carpet with them they have to return it to there warehouse, this guy hasnt.  I phone SCS yesterday who said hes still trying to get hold of the fitter.  Everything is such a mess, we were suppose to of had a carpet down and posh furniture and put my christmas decorations last weekend and me and my husband was going to have our first cosy weekend in front of the fire in our newly decorated living room, i  was so looking forward to it as we hav not been able to use our living room yet.  We were going to watch some dvds and have lots of goodies to eat, just me and him.  Everything has been spoilt and i dont know whats going to happen.  Familey was coming to us this christmas and we were all looking forward to it but now they will be making there own arrangments as were are not guaranteed our front room will be finished.  Im so angry and frustrated its put me in a foul mood, and made me bitter, Im so cross that today I didnt hold the door open for a old lady coming into a shop when I was coming out, I thought bugger you lady, why should I do anything nice, no one gives a s**t that im upset, ive turned into a real people hater.  Our larger replacement carpet should be at the warehouse next thursday but what about me stair carpet.  Fed up, frustrated, angry and well and truely p*****d off!!!  :'( :( >:( :cuss:

Thank you listening.

Clio

Joyce

Re: Can i have a moan!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 05:16:41 PM »

:bighug:

You moan away, you're entitled to! What a shambles. I would be going to shop, evening or weekend & kicking up a stink! Tell them either they sort it out pronto or you'll go elsewhere & send them the bill.  Problem with these places is they subcontract out the fitting & they have little or no control over fittings. However, that's no excuse for getting measurements wrong in the first place. A strongly worded letter to manager of SCS may help too, make sure you keep a copy.

clio

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »

Thankyou cubagirl for replying, im going to fill in one of them online forms with watchdog, apparently the manager isnt in store till next Sunday (bull).  Ive phoned there customer services who said i have to go to the store, they only deal with things after they have been delivered.  What about when they are inbetween delivery!!   part delivered part elsewhere.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Dyan

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 06:08:25 PM »

I was going to put 'here,here!'

But you beat me with your post Clio.

ellie

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 06:42:37 PM »

I wonder if you tell them you are reporting them to trading standards.....or that you are going to make a claim against them.
   It's outrageous what they have done.......kick up a fuss (loudly)
Tell them you are getting another company in to do the job properly, and you will be sending them the bill.....

clio

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »

We bought the carpet on 0% finance over a couple of years, we paid a deposit of about £250, we were thinking of cancelling our direct debit keeping the underlay that our deposit has covered and going elsewhere but not sure if we would allowed to cancell it. terms and conditions  etc and I dont understand  it!

ellie

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 07:30:32 PM »

Be careful,I wouldn't just cancel anything.....I think you need to speak to a solicitor .....try phoning the citizens advice, I think you can get to speak to a solicitor for free as a one off call.   

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 07:35:26 PM »

Citizens advice will tell you what you should do. They're very good!

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 07:56:58 PM »

You need to stand your ground here and make a huge fuss.

I had friends who bought a sofa from DFS...I think that's the one. Well the quality was terrible and the firm would do nothing. They made up flyers and placards and the two of them camped out outside the store. The problem was sorted very very quickly.
Sometime you have to shout very loud to be heard. You have entered into a contract and they have to honour it.

Start shouting.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 10:15:57 PM »

Our carpet is joined because that's the shape of the room  ::) and we really don't notice it.

Having got this off your chest go to CAB or Trading Standards for advice, then back to the Store and speak with the sales person and store manager.  Go through your paper work. Ask them to explain fully why the fitter has been, gone and cleared off.  He was possibly doing the company a favour at a busy time of year and had other contracts to fulfill for other stores.  Hence keeping the carpet etc. with the intention of returning, maybe even in his own time. 

Tell them that 'time is of the essence' - however, if you can't let them into your house you will be stuck with their time restraints.  Is there not a neighbour who you trust with the key? 

It will get sorted I am sure.  Stuff happens, usually at this time of year which is another reason why I hate it so  :'( ...... so many expectations, so many disappointments.   :hug:

Scampi

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 07:53:53 AM »

Speak to CAB for advice, and turn up at the store as often as you can, making as much noise about how useless they are, until it is sorted.  And keep a written record of every converstaion you have with them.

As for Christmas - don't put family off.  Tell them what's gone on - the whole, sorry tale.  Ask them all to bring folding chairs and have a great time anyway - a new carpet and posh furniture might make an attractive backdrop to the perfect Christmas, but it's the company you keep that makes the magic. 

clio

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 01:26:12 PM »

Hi ladies, just been on fone to scs who still cannot get in touch with fitter, saleman said nothing he can do till he speaks to fitter. I ranted down the fone saying its been a week so he has to fone police, if he dosnt I will plus im contacting watchdog, cab and trading standards if I dont get my stair carpet and fitted by end of day. Salesman sighed down fone, if I could of got my hand round his throat I would of throttled him. Foned scs customer service who is emailing tgere head office manager and getting him to ring me.....not holding my hreath.

One unhappy woman.  :'(

clio

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 01:47:40 PM »

Just had fone call back of saleman at scs, he said hes spoken to fittet after contacting there area manager saying warehouse wasnt to let fitter take carpet till hes spoken to him!!?  >:(. fitter said can he fit stair carpet and living room carpet next thurs when new living room carpet has arrived. Really dont believe that think was to shut me up. However husband wont b keen in him coming in our house. Plus he cant b relied on to turn up. What do I do???

Clio  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 01:58:49 PM »

Will you be at work?

maybe this fitter is a sub-contractor and has difficulty himself with the company?  Could the fitter telephone you directly to explain?

clio

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 02:36:28 PM »

Hi clkd, I text fitter last week plus foned loads of times either foned turned off or not answering. Dont belueve any of them.

Clio
Pages: [1] 2