Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Getting my life back :)  (Read 4543 times)

anna123

Getting my life back :)
« on: December 03, 2013, 06:17:10 AM »

Hello
I've been on HRT just over a week and for the last 2 nights have slept so well and have woken feeling refreshed and energized. For the first time in months I feel brighter,more positive and ready to face the day.

For months I've been worried I'm depressed though I don't feel depressed but just couldn't understand why I felt so lethargic and just couldn't be bothered to do anything.  I had little interest in things, even simple housework tasks or reading a book seemed such an effort.

It's only just after 6am and I'm up bright and early to face the day.  I know it's very early days but can't tell you how much better I feel already :) Whilst I had some headaches and neck pain, my main symptoms were mental-irritability, loss of interest in life, weepiness etc so this is amazing :)

I'm so lucky to have been diagnozed so quickly and been put on HRT and now feel I'm getting my life back . Thank you for all your help to everyone who's responded to my posts :) 

toffeecushion

Re: Getting my life back :)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 06:31:05 AM »

I am so pleased for you.  Reading your post was just what I needed this morning.

I am, to say the least, a little worried about HRT.  I have been putting off going to my doctors because of this, but this morning I have decided I can't put it off and will ring them today.

andius

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 06:45:10 AM »

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Always good to hear great news!

Andius

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 09:03:41 AM »

Hello anna123.
I've just read your post and I'm so pleased you are feeling good. Your experiences give me hope that my own mental-irritability and weepiness are indeed hormone related.
Take care and keep us posted.
K.

bev567901

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:56:10 AM »

Brilliant news so pleased for you!  What HRT are you taking?  xx

daisie

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 09:58:09 AM »

hi anna123,could you tell me which hrt you are taking,as I have been worried about taking hrt,now im thinking about taking it x

anna123

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 10:43:51 AM »

Kathleen,thanks for your response.I've just seen your thread too. Apart from missed periods and some headaches my main symptoms have been emotional and mental. I've been on anti=depressants for 4 months but felt no different and knew I wasn't depressed.  I had thyroid tested too but thta was fine. THe last thing Ithought it was was menopause as only 39 but so glad it's been sorted out now

Hope you get on well at your docs toffeecushion. It  can't do any harm to go and discuss it and explore your options.

Bev& Daisie-I'm on Evorel Sequi 50 patches though don't expect to stay on this. Due to my age I'll probably need a higher dose of Oestrogen and do have preference  of taking a bio identical progestorone (Ultrogestan) which is also recommnended when there is a history of family breast cancer which is the case for me. I'm seeing a consultant in the New Year to discuss further options but even just the oestrogen I'm getting now must be making such a difference.I'm so pleased,     

daisie

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 11:30:52 AM »

hi anna,thanks for your reply,good to here its working for you,and things sound positive x

bev567901

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 12:52:05 PM »

Hi Anna  thank you for letting me know which HRT I will add it to my data bank of knowledge. I am like you have been given an AD which I know is not the right treatment.  What got you the HRT in the end was it a blood test or where you very persistent & have a good GP?  I am so pleased for you it gives me real hope xx

anna123

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 12:59:05 PM »

Hi Bev,
I've always had very regular periods up tilll about 12 months ago when I started missing them.They weren't late, just missed a complete month. this happened 3 times.I mentioned it to my GP who dismissed itm,said it was stress,depression etc and put me on anti-depressants. I came off them 5 months later, still felt odd, went to a new GP as the physical side, headcahes etc were bad too.They thought it was an underactive thyroid and ran various blood tests.  My FSH levels were very high-  46.9,they wouldn't diagnoze off 1 test due to my age so repeated the test 4 weeks later with similar results.

She then put me on HRT.It's strongle recommended before 45 because of osteo risks so I've no experience of GPs reluctant to prescribe-more the opposite!

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »

Always good to read a positive post  :)  Like you, I felt the effects of the HRT kick in very quickly after I started it - it can make such a difference :)

bev567901

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 01:32:59 PM »

Anna thank goodness you went back & got help. It annoys me to think you had to take an AD when you needed HRT. That level is high, sadly mine are at 2 so its not helping at all even though I am nearly 51 its not like I am asking at 30 yrs.  If your post can help one person being fobbed off particularly a younger lady who is being dismissed & she knows it is hormonal that is good. I am so glad you got your life back you must feel so happy xxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 07:19:28 PM »

Fantastic to read such a positive post anna123 and long may it last!

:sunny:

Hurdity x

catherine21

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »

Hi Anna,

This is really good news and I am really pleased for you. I am on the same patches as you and have been for just over 3 weeks. I think there has been some improvements, although quite subtle. I'm not crying as much, however sleep is still an issue and this is making me feel low today. I do feel hopeful that things will gradually improve, it's just a little slower for me. I never really had flushes and I think this is the symptom that usually improves first. I think in my case my hormones are still all over the place and HRT has not settled yet. I have a lot of other worries though. I hope things are still good for you, keep us posted xxx