Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Breakthrough bleeding  (Read 2486 times)

Smokey

Breakthrough bleeding
« on: December 06, 2013, 12:31:06 PM »

Can anyone give me their advice or views on break through bleeding I'm on everol sequel patches and have been for nearly three years, my periods were on time number 7 patch and quite mild but last two months have been having an extra one around about patch 3 . Is this because my hormones are going up and down? Or maybe my patches are not strong enough?
I'm going to Docs today to discuss as am anaemic at moment, I may have investigation at hospital for this but I will see what doc says later.

Any information would be welcome.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breakthrough bleeding
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »

Take a list with you perhaps so that you don't forget what you want to discuss?

Have you found any info in the menus, left of screen?

honeybun

Re: Breakthrough bleeding
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »

This is what happened to me on these patches after about three years. My GP decided that it was time to use a conti. I was unsure as I had always thought you needed to be older (I was 52 ) or period free for a year. I had gone on HRT after being period free for about eight months so had no idea if they would have returned or not.
I got in touch with Dr Currie and she confirmed that my GP was right in prescribing a conti.
I started and although I had intermittent spotting for a few months I have settled fine and have been on them ever since and I am now 53.
Don't know if it's something you would consider but it has worked for me.

Honeyb
X