Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Switching from bleed to non bleed hrt  (Read 4056 times)

Eddie

Switching from bleed to non bleed hrt
« on: December 04, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »

So...Been on sequi hrt for 2 and a half years, reasonably sucessfully, but have suffered vulvodynia progressively for about that time. I did use vagifem but it didn't really help the external symptoms. So vulval clinic tried creams and tablets with no success, and eventually i said that as i think it is related to my cycle i will just stop hrt and see what happens, but lady doc there suggested trying conti hrt first.

It did help initially with pain and also headaches! However now i am bleeding constantly. I did have a bleed five weeks into new regime, then again 10 days later, and since then have bled lightly. So thats since 12th nov. Does anyone know it that's normal? I am 48 and understand that i may be too young for this regime, but doc said the rules have changed. Will it maybe settle?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks, Eddie. x

honeybun

Re: Switching from bleed to non bleed hrt
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 12:30:20 PM »

Hi Eddie

It took me about six months before the breakthrough bleeds completely stopped.
Don't give up on it yet, it should settle eventually.

Honeyb
X

Eddie

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 01:45:55 PM »

Thanks HoneyB, so pleased to hear that. I will just re-order another lot then. Eddie. x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 04:24:47 PM »

I had non-stop bleeding on conti Eddie - after six months I gave up and went back onto sequi.

Taz x

Eddie

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 06:22:57 PM »

Oh dear, i'll try another 3 months. Problem is i had to cancel my smear test today, i don't want to put it off much longer as i have now had two reminders. Eddie. x