Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: curtains!  (Read 9238 times)

clio

curtains!
« on: November 30, 2013, 09:10:09 AM »

im trying to avoid too many holes in my walls for my curtains and valance. Ive bought a curtain pole but not sure how to attach valance? Im not wanting a double pole and not keen on the valance tracks so was wondering how to connect the valance that ive put on a track but want to niw hook it somehow onto the pole. Any ideas ladies?

honeybun

Re: curtains!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 10:07:53 AM »

I always thought you needed a track if you wanted a valance. Not sure how it would work other wise.
You can get a track that allows you to clip a valance track onto it. Then you don't need to many holes in the wall at all.

Hope you can figure it out though.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 11:19:48 AM »

I thought it needed separate track. I've never bothered with one myself.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 11:22:27 AM »

Just had look online. It appears you need to buy a special track which includes both rails. Couldn't find one which attached to a pole though.

clio

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 01:46:07 PM »

Thankyou for replies, ive searched myself but cant find away of doing it but i'll hav a play around with it. I'll invent something then go on dragons den.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 05:53:41 PM »

Good luck with that one   ;D

I have had both types over the years but have to admit it's either been a valance free pole or a track with a valance.
For the life of me I can't figure out how it would work otherwise.

I am into Roman Blinds at the moment although I have vertical blinds in my lounge and I hate them.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 06:28:45 PM »

Quite like Romans myself. I changed to verticals a few years back as I was sick fed up cleaning my Venetians.  Could do with black out blinds at back of house though. One of these days........

ariadne

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 07:24:24 PM »

Sew the valance onto the curtains? I would have said buy curtains with valance attached but it sounds like you have the curtains already.

Ariadne xx

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 07:35:45 PM »

If you sew valance onto curtains then they are either open or closed but not both.
In fact they would have to stay open to work.

Don't think there is a way round this one unfortunately.

Honeyb
X

clio

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 08:49:52 PM »

Just bought some hooks from bnq, got an idea, my project for tomo, wish me luck.  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 11:24:31 PM »

Intrigued now. Do tell us if your plan works.  :)

littleminnie

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 09:30:25 AM »

I just wouldn't bother with a valance. Lol

clio

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 06:07:36 PM »

:'( hubby just put curtain pole up, we were trying to make sure curtains wouldnt end up too short but curtain pole too low down, looks terrible outside. Im so fedup ad the curtain situation is on top of my carpet problem! We were having new carpet fitted last tuesday however fitter didnt show up , he came following day at 7pm only to find carpet too small, even though the shop sent man round to measure up wks before. Having to wait 2 wks for another to come and now nloody curtains. Ive spent last hr in tears as hubby went out to watch football after he put up pole and left me to hang curtains which is when I realised the problem. Not either of us fault cos we are bith inexperience doing curtains, but what now there are holes in our newly decorated front room. Waiting for hubby to come home he wont b pleased.

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 06:15:53 PM »

:bighug:  Aw hate when things like that happen. Is wall papered or painted? If it's painted you could fill in holes & repaint over. Other than that I'm not sure. Maybe not as bad as you think.

honeybun

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »

Can you take the pole back and buy a rail with a valance track. When you have that up then probably no one would notice the holes.

It's very annoying when things don't work out. What did you have up before? I'm sure you will get sorted and everything will be lovely.

Honeyb
X
Pages: [1] 2