Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Jeans I can tuck into calf length sheepskin boots without looking awful?!  (Read 9601 times)

oldsheep

I don't have more than one pair of skinny jeans and even they aren't very skinny, except at the ankle, so they bag at the knees when I wear them with my sheepskin boots. All my other jeans are straights. I hate jeggings and can't wear low rise or super skinny. I'd like one decent pair of black jeans - any ideas? M&S looks hopeless and the others I've seen are too skinny for an old sheep.
I'm about a 12, but fatter tum and thin calves and ankles. One well cut pair would be nicer than 2 cheaper lumpy ones!
Everyone else seems to have managed so maybe I'm just not looking in the right shops

smudgesmum

Re: Jeans I can tuck into calf length sheepskin boots without looking awful?!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:05:38 PM »

I wear Per Una Roma Cut... They come up to the waist and smooth out lumps and bumps.  If you want to tuck into boots then you do need 'skinny leg' style or some slim straight leg.  They have some new style jeggings in that actually look like Jeans rather than leggings.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:24:30 PM »

Next are quite good for skinny jeans although I do like jeggings. My last pair were from New Look. Not very expensive but a really good fit and quite a bit thicker than most.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »

Treggings maybe. M&S had some a couple of months back. Much thicker than leggings, but not like Jeans. Only had black or grey though. Think they were about £20/£25.

oldsheep

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 07:11:54 PM »

Oh blimey, now I'm going to have to study up what the difference is between a tregging, a jegging and a legging. And that was hard to type as autocorrect doesn't like any of those words  ;D

I can't do anything thin (fabric) as I need them to be warm and not to show all the lumps and bumps!

smudgesmum

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »

The you want Jeggings or Treggings, they are quite thick material.  Leggings are very unforgiving IMO  :)

oldsheep

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 04:43:57 PM »

Definitely need forgiving material  ;D
Are you allowed to say on here where I should look? I've tried a couple of the usual high street mega chains on thick leggings ( to wear with dresses) and they all bag at the knees.

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »

We are allowed to mention manufacturers etc. The thing we have to watch out for is posting links which have a buying facility i.e. a shop or buy now option.

Taz

catdude

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 10:53:51 PM »

I'm glad it isn't just me that can't wear low-rise jeans. I can't seem to 'work' them somehow - they seem tight but somehow always fall down. Not a good look at all ;D

Milliemoo7

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 10:31:44 AM »

leggings with thermals underneath?

I prefer low rise as I cant bear anything even slightly snug around my waist or slightly lower.  jeans are a bit of a no-no for me, I can only wear them for a short while before they give me dreadful stomach ache :(

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 10:37:58 AM »

I bought some lovely leggings in M & S last week. Grey, knitted, patterned and not too clingy.  I wear those with boots.  DD bought some jeggings and they look nice too with her boots.  They are nice quality and they actually look like jeans but are lovely and stretchy.

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 10:48:59 AM »

I bought those Shape jeans from M&S. They're a nightmare! Got the right shape, but they stretch & stretch & .......... Need at least one size smaller.

oldsheep

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 12:56:07 PM »

M&S quality control seems to have slipped. I always used to buy jeans from them; now the 'same' size is wildly out. I assume it's the revenge of the underpaid poor souls who make them for us fat westerners!
Are any of the leggings/jeggings - I had a look at treggings but they look a bit tracksuity- nice and thick, as well as soft and keep their shape - not too demanding am I?  ;)

But would treggings be ok for walking and cycling? I usually wear track pants and hate that they're baggy.

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 03:50:35 PM »

I would think so oldsheep, mine are good thickness, but with sufficient stretch.  Material is a thick stretchy jersey knit. Not see-through.

oldsheep

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 06:51:45 PM »

thanks everyone, will have a look. Stretchy and thick is good  :D