Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: First HRT tablet taken today!  (Read 3641 times)

SalW

First HRT tablet taken today!
« on: November 28, 2013, 07:32:08 PM »

Just taken my first Hrt pill today.   :)Femoston 1/10. 
Have been debating starting hrt for a year and finally took the plunge because palpitations, hot flushes and tiredness getting too much. 
Had no period for 8 months and then all my symtoms disappeared and I had a period a month later.  Since then (6 weeks) I have had the worst symtoms ever.  Constant supraventricular ectopics 24/7 for the past week. 
Would love to hear any encouraging stories about how quick they work, how effective they are at reducing hot flushes and ectopics.
So hoping I will sleep well again too!
Sally x ::)

honeybun

Re: First HRT tablet taken today!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 07:44:36 PM »

I am sure you will start to feel better soon. It can take a few months for HRT to work.
Patches do work quicker than pills but the end effect is the same.

Let us know how you get on.

Honeyb
X

SalW

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 10:13:25 PM »

Thanks Honeybun!  Hopefully I will notice some improvement during the first month, fingers crossed.  ??? Sally x

Chrislm

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 12:17:39 PM »

Pills do seem to work pretty quickly for some people. I noticed improvement within a day (hot flushes stopped) and other things got better during the first week. I noticed gradual improvements for a couple of months after that as well.

One of my friends, who has had a similar experience to you from the sounds of things, also took her first pill last week. From her texts she is feeling much better already.

Good luck. Hope it works fast for you.

oldsheep

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 12:45:48 PM »

Mine worked fast. I also had weird heart beats and constant hot flushes. I think within 3 weeks all gone. Hope yours works fast too.

ladybird52

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 12:50:03 PM »

I felt better almost immediately with the hot flushes stopping within 24 hours of taking the first tablet.  Within a couple of weeks was sleeping better, had less anxiety and had much more energy and positivity.

SalW

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »

Thank you so much ladybird52, oldsheep and chrislm for replying.  It is so reassuring to know I am not on my own.   ::)

I had far less hot flushes last night (I took pill with dinner at 6pm).  I did feel slightly sick, hope this is normal?  ???

Unfortunately palpitations back today so I am feeling a bit low and teary.  Hoping that they will lessen in a few days.  :'(

Sounds like they do work quickly and I expect I am hoping for a miracle cure which probably isn't realistic!

Does anyone worry about slight increase for stroke?  I am only 49 with two boys aged 13 and 10 so I do sometimes feel a bit scared about this risk. 

Thanks for reading.  It's so great to have this forum to come to and to not feel so alone.

Sal x :)

panthers

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 03:16:15 PM »

It took 3 weeks for them to kick in for me and it was marvellous.  Got rid of all symptoms in one go.  I went on it at 48 and I am still taking a reduced dose (3mg a week instead of 14) at 60.  I don't worry about the risks but think of the quality of life that I have had for the past 12 years. 

SalW

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 03:47:45 PM »

Thank you panthers.  That's great to know.  Can't wait!  :D

SalW

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »

Thank you panthers.  That's great to know.  Can't wait!  :D

Chrislm

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 08:29:06 PM »

I agree totally with Panthers. There are lots of potential risks in life. Compared to many many others, the risks from HRT are not great. Enjoying life is so important. I'm 49 too and I'm definitely not worrying.

Let us know how you are getting on.

SalW

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 09:03:48 AM »

Thanks Chrislm, it's nice to know I'm not alone.  I had another better night last night, only woke twice with sweats and the constant palpitations went about 7pm so I had a much better evening too. :)

Hope all you ladies are coping ok, sending positive thoughts,

Sal x