Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: vagifem/thrush  (Read 8241 times)

lancashirelass

vagifem/thrush
« on: November 25, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »

i had forgotten to use my vagifem for around 10 days butter as i jade increased my gel was ok at first.  i started to feel bit sore so used one
  however i then felt really itchy and like i had thrush.  i used a canesten pessary just in case and now my outer parts are spoke dry and irritated.  can't get a late night appt with my gp i started a new job a month ago so don't felt i can the time off get.  so annoyed. 

Hurdity

Re: vagifem/thrush
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »

Hi lancashirelass

I think the predictive text went a bit weird in your message but I partly get the drift!

It's tricky to know what to do if you forget to use Vagifem for that long - because the maintenance dose is meant to keep the tissues healthy.

I would be inclined to do the loading again - at least for a week otherwise you may continue to get problems.  SuziQ may be along to advise soon. Not sure if you are on full HRT as well?

Also I have Gynest cream to use on the outer parts if necessary - and you could use this every day even while using Vagifem. I find that Vagifem does not lubricate the outer parts in quite the same way as OrthoGynest pessaries or the cream - which is why I have the cream as well.

Hurdity x

lancashirelass

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:29:45 PM »

i am on 2mg Sandrena.  my gynae spoke to me tonight to tell me to stop using vagifem as he feels just my gel dose should be enough and that using it may have overloaded me. im in early   menopause.  im confused now

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 11:12:43 PM »

Oh!

Well that is not a very high dose of Sandrena, but if you still have your own cycle ie are still peri (is that what you mean by early menopause?) maybe you are getting sufficient oestrogen. All I was advising was if you have been prescribed and using vagifem and it has been working, and you stop it and it doesn't, then maybe time to re-load by using once a week. Only you know whether it was all working before.

It does sound though like you need something else and most doctors go (or should go) by symptoms rather than what "should be enough". Maybe the tissues have thinned and you do have a fungal infection? For 4 weeks out of 6, I use Orthgynest pessaries instead of Vagifem, which tend to lubricate more as I said. Maybe ask to switch to an estriol based topical oestrogen instead although the creams are a bit messy (ie you need to load an applicator) - but the pessaries are brilliant!

There are other threads at the moment eg "The burning club" and various threads entitled "Vagifem" which have some very helpful information.

Hope this helps

Hurdity x

Suzi Q

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 11:35:35 PM »

First off this happens if you dont use the Vagifem strictly 2x7 or 3x7
Im not too sure about using Cannestin inside as well as Vagifem I think I read some where?
BUT not too sure? My advice for what its worth use Vagifem 10 yes? 3/4 days
Drink LOADS OF LEMON BARLEY water dont use soap ANYWHERE down the fanny region
Its Monday evening your time if you can try for 2/3 days theres no dish or bad bad smell
If not go to GP ask whats what always BEST t be safe xxxxxxxxxxx

Suzi Q

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 11:43:27 PM »

Knew Id seen it Vagifem sites says IF you need to use other Vaginal treatment (thrush)
YOUR G MAY want you to discontinue Vagifem untill your well
BUT I was also minded to read that one of the short term sides to Vagifem is THRUSH
If your not using it properly?
So Id say maybe a swab see if it is Thrush and the first wee of th morning hope this helps