Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: What silly things make you cry.  (Read 21252 times)

honeybun

What silly things make you cry.
« on: November 24, 2013, 08:05:18 PM »

For me it's children singing. If it a moving song then I am a gonner.

Nativity plays always do it too.
Even my daughter when she was younger playing in the school orchestra....yep off I go again.

Anyone else blub at daft things.

Oh yes and the adverts of abused animals. I have to leave the room.  ::)

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What silly things make you cry.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 09:12:19 PM »

The ending of The Incredible Journey Film - when Bodger the English bull terrier plods over the hill long after the Siamese and Labrador

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 11:03:15 PM »

Children singing Away in a Manger. Anything with children suffering horrid illnesses when they've barely had a chance to enjoy life, has me reaching for the tissues too.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 12:03:15 AM »

It's a good job you're not working in my school at the moment CG - they sing Away in a Manger every day practising for the Christmas Concert - you would be sniffling all day long!!  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 12:40:10 AM »

Nativity at Nursery was always hard.   :'(

However, when I worked in Nursery, I introduced a graduation ceremony for those leaving to go to Primary. Heavens that was really hard, especially when I was asked to make a short speech thanking everyone, especially the children,I cracked every time.

Suzi Q

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 01:23:40 AM »

Music times past long gone time moved on so has loved ones
Dreams not fullfilled happy families that never were and never will now
People you love no longer here and the sound of a certain song that can take you back in time in seconds
AND the inevitable question we all have if only and what iff

For me Beach boys my MUM long gone now Xmas 1990
Kate Bush for my brother dead since 2004
Doobie Brother Eagles our mine and Bobbles and the fear of time gone so fast I get scared xxxxxxxx

Scampi

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 07:51:21 AM »

Brad Paisley (country singer) has a song called "He didn't have to be" - it's about a man's relationship with his step-dad.  Makes me blub every time, especially since my daughter said it's exactly how she feels about her (step) Dad (she refuses to call him her step-dad, as he's the only real dad she's every known - her biological father decided he wanted nothing more to do with her when he left us when she was 2).  As Lady P (daughter!) says, any fool can be a father - it takes a real man to be a Dad.

And the Gerry and the Pacemakers version of "You'll Never Walk Alone", and Don Williams "You're My Best Friend" - happy memories of times gone by with my much-missed Dad.

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 09:28:27 AM »

"The Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler" makes me cry, my OH recorded and gave it to me when we first met.

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 12:22:22 PM »

SL me too.   :'(

dulciana

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »

Onions...

No, seriously, listening to the Faure Requiem, because my Mum had the whole thing at her funeral, 10 years ago.  If I'm ever asked to play the organ for it, I think I'll need to put blotting paper on all the keys.
D.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 01:20:26 PM »

"what a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong - we played it at my Dad's funeral as it was his favourite song and now everytime I hear it it has me in tears.....

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 01:27:27 PM »

Talking of sad songs, Everybody Hurts by REM & Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton. I've told my daughter I'd like Wonderful World when I go.

Rowan

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 02:51:30 PM »

Another one I find impossible to listen to is "Out Of Africa" sound track, it was mum's favourite film and was played at her funeral :'(

Limpy

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 04:36:30 PM »

The part in Casablanca where everybody sings La Marseillaise in the bar when the Germans are trying to get a brass band
oom-pah type thing going.

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 04:42:42 PM »

Those slushy afternoon films have me going sometimes. I remember on holidays one year, we took our two to the cinema one wet afternoon, it was when the film Mac & Me was on, about 25 years ago. Anyway our daughter, who was about 7/8 at the time, was howling at the end. Her 3 year old brother had no sympathy & burst out laughing. They both still remember it & wind each other up about it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5