Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Philippines Disaster  (Read 17821 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Philippines Disaster
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2013, 10:01:55 AM »

:thankyou:  haven't heard of any fund raising here. Probably more so in the towns where there is an ethnic population.  Here in the villages fund raising is more for church/chapel events.  The Charity Shops have posters in their windows and I do shop in most of them: but monies raised will be for the next disaster, to fill the warehouses ready for when required: water purification kits, blankets, tents .......... Oxfam are near Bicester apparently, the warehouse is HUGE!

Hurdity

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2013, 05:34:52 PM »

Not sure what an ethnic population has got to do with it!   :-\

I live in very un-ethnic rural SW England and some of the mums organised a coffee morning last weekend in aid of Shelterbox, and a friend in rural N Cornwall organised a music performance folk evening in aid of the same charity.... there is all sorts going on round here for fund-raising and there are only small towns and not ethnic!

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2013, 05:39:44 PM »

That confused me too.

You really can't get much less ethnic than SW Scotland and we fund raise for every thing.
I really don't think it makes much difference what ethnicities are where. Charity fundraisers are everywhere.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2013, 06:13:51 PM »

In this area there is more likely to be fund raising in ethnic communities where parts of the families remain 'at home'.  We have lots of Philipinno nurses, Egyptian Doctors etc., also those in the service/food industries.  Families directly involved are more likely to continue with sending clothing/money 'home' because once it's out of the media eye, then Life generally moves on.  I have asked our friend if he requires anything: water purification units etc.: and at present, he doesn't. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]