Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2086 times)

ogs01

Hello!
« on: November 25, 2013, 07:57:36 PM »

Am really glad I have come across this site!
I am just 42 and found out last week that I am going through the menopause!  My LH level (I think that's correct) turned out to be 76 which effectively puts me in full blown menopause.  Im surprised how quickly it happened - I had my LH taken 18 months ago and it was only 4!  Has anyone else had this happen?

Im really struggling at the moment - am having horrendous hot flushes and night sweats and just feel awful.  I've tried Menopace but will go back to the doctor this week to go on HRT.  Im also having pains in my neck, shoulder and chest which seem to get worse when a hot flush comes on!

Mentally Im also finding it hard - my husband and I had been trying for a baby for 3 years (I do already have a 12 year old) and although we had more or less given up, the thought that I definitely won't be able to now has hit me quite hard!!

Have been reading so much on the internet but think sometimes it can just make it worse!

x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 08:10:43 PM »

:welcomemm:  have a browse round the Forum, read the menus, left of screen ........... keep a food and mood diary can be useful.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 08:29:10 PM »

:welcomemm:

As you are going through an early meno then HRT is really a must for you. It's replacing what your body should be doing naturally. It will protect your bones and your heart and also prevent vaginal atrophy. Get yourself off to the GP quick. It will also give your quality of life back.
Have a look at the menu on the left and get as clued up as possible and decide what you would like to try. Patches generally work quicker than pills on the flushes.
Try and have as much information as you can before you go to your doctor as some have not got a clue.

Honeyb
X

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 08:41:01 PM »

Hello ogs01

Welcome from me too  :)

Sorry to hear about your fertility problems - that must be hard to come to terms with and also while you are feeling the effects of menopause too.

Are you still having periods at all? There is a late surge in fertility in some women just before the ovaries stop producing eggs completely, but I presume your LH level may rule this out?

As honeybun says - you must take HRT to maintain your health and we can help you decide and tell you about our experiences once you have read up about it.

Hurdity x

ogs01

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 09:23:03 PM »

Thanks honeybun, hurdity and CLKD for your replies - I feel better already with the support on here.

Ive made a docs appt for tomorrow - just hope I get a more sympathetic doc than last time! She basically told me that I was going through the menopause and that was it! Surely they should give a bit of counselling or something!!  Will get myself on HRT immediately so I can start feeling normal again.

Hurdity - haven't had a period for about 3 months now - have had about 4 or 5 this year in total!

xxx

andius

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 01:26:42 AM »

I thought that LH surges happen to stimulate progesterone increases to induce menstruation.  What you want to know is what your FSH level is.... which gets real high during menopause,  the FSH keeps up to stimulate a follicle, and as you are out of follicles, it never goes down.  LH goes up too, but I thought the FSH was what was used to determine menopause and is more specific.  Maybe I have this wrong, but I'm sure someone else will chip in. Maybe it is your FSH that is 74???

Andius