Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Headaches after HRT  (Read 3228 times)

kenny

Headaches after HRT
« on: November 18, 2013, 08:32:17 AM »

Hi ,i came off HRT over a 1 month period, taking a tablet every other day then every 3rd day. It is now 2 month since i have taken anything, 2 weeks into the 2nd month i have had the most awful headaches,no matter what i take they will not go. I also have the hot sweats at night,, not that bad, but not sleeping well. I seen the GP last week and he does not think it is related to me coming off HRT, i have had to give in and been back on HRT for 3 days now. A little disappointed as i was hoping to come off it, it's no big deal going back on it though and if it clears my heads then i will more than happy. Any thoughts.

Carolyn

Hurdity

Re: Headaches after HRT
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:34:47 PM »

Hi kenny

I came off HRT for 3 months nearly 3 years ago now but I didn't get any headaches. it was just the other symptoms which returned - hot flushes and sweats, and also I developed a horrible dragging low pelvic ache which I couldn't define.

What HRT type have you been taking because it could make a difference.

Why are you wanting to stop HRT - are you well past menopause and have been taking HRT for a long time? Good that you've seen the GP and if he suggest other reasons than HRT, perhaps he will ensure that you get a diagnosis if HRT is not the cause.

Hope your head clears soon

Hurdity x

kenny

Re: Headaches after HRT
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 09:01:32 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

I was on Angleiq which i think was a low dose of progesterone,it was my 3rd HRT it agreed with me straight away.

I have now taken 5 tablets and up to now i have 3 days of no headaches, what a great feeling.

I am now totally convinced it was coming off HRT..athough it took 2 weeks of tablet free to kick in.

I am certainly not against HRT just thought i would be ok without it, so i would give it a go,,, never again,

It is 8 years since my period i am aged 56 years.

Any thoughts.. Carolyn