Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Short supply of estradot 25mcg  (Read 3343 times)

jayneaddo

Short supply of estradot 25mcg
« on: November 16, 2013, 01:18:58 PM »

Hi all

Is anyone having problems with the supply of Estradot 25 mcg. I ordered mine a week ago from the Gp and still not come in yet. I have rung about 20 chemists and none have it in. I am down to my last 2 patches. Cripes what am I going to do?

In hope
Jayne

Hurdity

Re: Short supply of estradot 25mcg
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 02:06:10 PM »

I usually make sure I order my Estradot well in advance because it does seem to take a while sometimes. My prescription is for 3 months at a time so at least I don't have to order too often. Have had to run it close to the mark once or twice though!
Hope you manage to find some...

Hurdity x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 05:09:18 PM »

I order about 3 weeks in advance. However, if necessary I'd be prepared to half my 25s to make them last a bit longer. Better than nothing.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 05:20:43 PM »

Just had another thought - do they have any 50's or even 37.5's? - you can always ask them to provide half the amount of these patches and cut them if necessary. I know the cut ones don't stick quite as well but better than nothing?

Hurdity x

jayneaddo

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 04:54:47 PM »

I am going to ring manufacturer tomorrow and see what is going on. I have also found a chemist outside the UK that provides them so have ordered a pack. The pharmacist is ringing the wholesaler again in the morning. She said if they cannot get it the doctor would prescribe a different patch. I don't want that though as this one is great.

I have two patches left so thought I could extend the days i.e. not change on Monday night but push it to Tuesday night and repeat that.
Might be worrying unnecessarily as it might come in in next couple of days? Think I will ask for an extra months supply if this is a problem.

Jayne

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 05:44:44 PM »

Hope you get it sorted out. I tried to get my GP to give me more due to difficulties. But they refused, hence ordering well in advance.
It's enough to bring on a  :hotflash:

andius

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 05:39:40 AM »

I'm with Hurdity on this one.....get some 50's from the doc and cut them in half.

Then you will have some extras to use if this happens again.

Andius

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 07:55:06 AM »

I tried to order my patches in advance but was refused as it was too soon after my last ordering.  >:(