Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Never rains but it pours!  (Read 26438 times)

pj44

Re: Never rains but it pours!
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2013, 01:30:16 PM »

Just caught up with this tread sorry to hear of your situation. :hug:

Rowan

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2013, 03:39:38 PM »

It will be a tough time greyhoundgirl, your family will hold you up. Wishing you all the strength you will need. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2013, 04:25:32 PM »

:hug:

Joyce

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2013, 06:18:22 PM »

Aw Greyhoundgal, not what you need. Bad enough your poor hubby is still going to be in hospital, but the added stress of your mum's deteriorating health.

How are you?  :hug:

Limpy

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »

Greyhoundgal - Hope things improve as much as possible :hug:

littleminnie

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2013, 09:12:16 AM »

He may pick up over the weekend and be home for Christmas. Once the AB kick in properly he will be on the mend.  Sorry your mum isn't improving.
Take Care. X

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2013, 02:41:11 PM »

Thank you everyone for your kind messages - it's been quite a tough couple of weeks.  Mum sadly passed away in the early hours of Monday morning but she was peaceful and pain-free.  We'd all been to visit on the Sunday and had said our goodbyes but I don't think you're ever quite ready for "that" phone call........  Hubby was discharged later that morning.  Not sure where I was up to on that saga but he was finally diagnosed on the previous Friday with a rare strain of amoebic dysentry which he probably picked up on one of his travels somewhere, probably India.  He could have had it for up to a year without any symptoms but once they knew what it was they could start to treat him.  Special AB's had to be ordered in which no-one in the whole hospital had ever heard of so they then had to keep him under observation for a few days to make sure he wasn't going to react to them.  So far, so good....just a few outpatient appointments now for liver scans etc to check it's all gone and no alcohol for at least a month but at least he's on the mend.  I've come down with a stinking cold (started Xmas Day) but I kind of figured that something was going to get me after all the stress of the last month or so......life is slowly starting to return to normal again now thankfully.  I just wanted to say a really big thank you to everyone who has supported me through this awful time, pm's and general good wishes, sometimes cyber friends can see you through the dark times and for that I'm so very grateful.

Taz2

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2013, 03:30:24 PM »

So sorry to hear about your mum GG but pleased you all managed to have some quiet time with her to say your goodbyes.

Good news about your husband though - it must have been such a worry not knowing what was causing his illness. It's so good to read that he is on the mend.

Taz xx  :hug: :hug: :hug:

honeybun

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2013, 03:44:36 PM »

So sorry to hear about your mum. She will be at peace now and you got to say goodbye.

Good news about hubby which is great.

Take care of yourself.

:hug:

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2013, 03:52:16 PM »

:hug:  what a roller-coaster  :'( ....... little steps ........

How old was your Mum?

Joyce

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2013, 06:58:35 PM »

Very sorry to hear about your mum, Greyhoundgal. She's at peace now & you had a chance to say your goodbyes.

Better news about your husband though. Sounds nasty, but at least he's on the right treatment now.

littleminnie

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2013, 07:38:04 PM »

So sorry about your mum Greyhoundgal.  Glad your husband has finally been diagnosed and is on the mend.
X

catdude

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2013, 08:08:27 PM »

What a dreadful few weeks you have had. Sorry to hear your mum passed away. Thank goodness they have managed to diagnose your husband's condition and he is on the mend.

Limpy

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2013, 01:39:56 PM »

Sorry to hear about your mum Greyhoundgal, it's good that she was peaceful and pain free.
It's excellent that your husband has been diagnosed and a treatment plan started.
Hopefully he will feel much better for being discharged and at home.
Will he have to travel as much in the future?
Look after yourself, you have had too much heaped on you recently. :hug:

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2013, 02:47:06 PM »

Thanks guys.  CLKD, Mum had just had her 78th Birthday the week before so had a good life, just a shame it wasn't a little longer but knowing that she is now at peace is a good thought to keep us going.  Limpy, hubby will still have to travel but will be taking a bit more care in future, he had got a bit over-confident with stuff like drinking water etc but has promised me that will change.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6