Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Ultrasound showed fluid in cervical canal.... fearing all sorts....  (Read 38372 times)

cecile

Hello .
I am  on Femoston conti ... I thought this one was third time lucky ( Id been on cyclical HRT - awful bleeds and probs with fibroids) . I have had some break through bleeding every now & then -( not post coital) over the past 18mths but thought nothing of it to be honest as Id heard that many women get that. However. on seeing a different GP I was referred for an Transvaginal Ultrasound which I had today.
I was told they had found some fluid in my cervical canal and Id need to see my GP. The radiologist asked me if Id had smear test recently( I have -it was clear). However, Im getting paranoid as I googled what fluid in the cervical canal could mean..  . :-\
I think I might be referred for hysteroscopy. Bit nervous & worried. I see my GP on Tues.
Cecilex

Tingly

Re: Ultrasound showed fluid in cervical canal.... fearing all sorts....
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:19:30 PM »

Hi Cecile

Am sorry to hear your so worried, hopefully someone will be along in a bit who can give some advice.

Luv
Tingly
 Xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:46:35 PM »

Hi Cecile

It's always a worry when something odd sounding is found but in most cases the explanation turns out to be harmless.

Hopefully you will get an appointment soon and it will put your mind at rest. Great that your recent smear was clear - could it be your fibroids playing up? Did they see the fibroids during the scan?

I presume you are post-menopausal which is why you were put onto conti? Sometimes eg if you are put on conti a bit too early and are still young-ish then a cycle may still be lurking somewhere so breakthrough bleeding can occur.

Just to add that anyone who is post-menopausal and on conti HRT and gets any bleeding beyond 6 months that doesn;t settle should ideally mention to the doc who will decide whether to refer or not. Some women never settle on conti and always get a bit of bleeding. but always worth mentioing just to be sure.

Keep us posted cecile and try not to worry too much

Hurdity x

andius

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 07:00:50 AM »

Could be that the lubricant from the exam during the "smear" might have contributed?  If they saw a mass on the scan I don't think they would have called it fluid.  You can have small pockets of fluid in cervix called nabothian cysts which are harmless. 

At least you are going to get it checked out so don't worry too much until you have something to worry about.
I know that is easier said than done, though! ;)

A

cecile

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 08:34:29 AM »

Thank you for your supportive replies.
Andius - i dont think it would be lubricant causing the fluid  -as its in the canal - but ill try not to worry and thanks for the info on cysts!
Hurdity- thanks for tour reassurance aswell. Yes, im post menopausal . I was on cyclical HRt for a few years but before that my periods had stopped for over a year.
They did see the ( many) fibroids - so they could be the problem maybe.
I'll try not to worry . At least its been looked at and i can see what the GP says when she gets the results.
Thanks again. I ll keep you posted.  :)
Cecile x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »

I would have thought that the cervical canal was damp all the while  :-\  ......... if you had been initimate before the Xam, wouldn't that be enough to show on Ultrasound?

cecile

Re: Ultrasound showed fluid in cervical canal....
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 07:03:24 PM »

Just a quick update... radiologist said to speak to my GP about the fluid in cervical canal. The GP asked .. 'What did they say ?'  ...  ??? Should I be asking for a Hyster... thingumy ( when they take a sample of the fluid & check it for abnormal cells) or just hope its ok?  I dont want to seem like Im being a nusance.

Cecile.
p.s CLKD ... no I havnt been ... for ummmm..... ages  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 07:36:49 PM »

Your GP should have received a Report from the Dept. which did the ultrasound  ::) ..........

andius

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 02:57:27 AM »

You need to call GP office and tell them to send you a copy of the report.  If they don' t have report, that will force them to get one to send to you.

I think you must be wondering about hysteroscopy, where they put a small camera inside the uterus and look around??? Is that what you mean?

Andius