Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Started getting adreanaline rushes on a morning in bed.  (Read 10975 times)

Rowan

Re: Started getting adreanaline rushes on a morning in bed.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 03:06:20 PM »

Dandelion it maybe that you are suffering from a form of anxiety and panic which could be a separate issue, this site and forum really helped me when I was going through panic attacks and health anxiety

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 03:19:33 PM »

Oh Dandelion.  Your anxiety is ruling your life  - I'm concerned this is not being addressed.  Can you get some therapy for this?  I fear that HRT is not going to fix everything for you - just some of your physical symptoms. silver lady is right - find some help with the anxiety.
Do have friends you can chat with. Is your doctor a good support for you? Keep posting us. DG x

Rowan

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »

Dandelion it can appear in different guises for no reason you can pinpoint and it can feed on itself, as Dancinggirl says you must get help.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 04:10:16 PM »

You could give your GP Surgery a ring and ask for a call-back to discuss your worries.  It is OK to stay in bed when we feel ruff.  I got through depression until meds kicked in by getting out of bed, dressing, trying to eat breakfast and laying on the settee under a blanket.  I knew I was avoiding issues but was unable to do much else.  Try not to over-think your medication regime, try to let the meds 'do their work', hard I know - DH tells me 'If only you took your own advice'  ::)

The brain can take over and our worries grow and grow and  :-\

Dandelion

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 05:33:44 PM »

Oh Dandelion.  Your anxiety is ruling your life  - I'm concerned this is not being addressed.  Can you get some therapy for this?  I fear that HRT is not going to fix everything for you - just some of your physical symptoms. silver lady is right - find some help with the anxiety.
Do have friends you can chat with. Is your doctor a good support for you? Keep posting us. DG x
Hi Dancinggirl

Thanks for your reply, but reading it did make me feel a bit sad.

Why don't you think the hrt will help my anxiety?
What was it that I said that made you feel fearful the hrt won't help my anxiety?
I thought you said my hrt would take a few months for it to kick in.
I've read other menopausal women have really bad anxiety and their hrt eventually helps it.

I know some women's hrt does not cure their anxiety, but, surely it is too early days for me to class myself as one of these unfortunate women.

I do have non-meno based anxiety but not as bad as this, and I am managing that side of things.
It's just this menopause based anxiety that is bothering me.
I am on medication and have a care package which is working fine for me.

Thanks.
I'll come back and reply to the rest, meanwhile thanks so far.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 05:46:09 PM by Dandelion »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 05:53:49 PM »

I'm pleased to hear you have a good care package.  My concern is that you seem to have great anxiety about the HRT and the affect it is going to have on you. The HRT will hopefully help meno symptoms such as flushes, night sweats and prevent loss of bone density and vaginal dryness & atrophy.  If you are just anxious about these symptoms then the HRT all probably help.  I am just concerned you are focusing on it so much and you should be applying your strategies for dealing with anxiety to the HRT treatment. If after a few weeks, if you are still getting sweats and other meno symptoms then you will need to talk to your doctor again.
I'm sure I am not alone in hoping you will find that your meno symptoms will come under control very soon and you will feel calmer and able to get on with life more positively.
Take care. DGx

Dandelion

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 06:08:43 PM »

I'm pleased to hear you have a good care package.  My concern is that you seem to have great anxiety about the HRT and the affect it is going to have on you. The HRT will hopefully help meno symptoms such as flushes, night sweats and prevent loss of bone density and vaginal dryness & atrophy.  If you are just anxious about these symptoms then the HRT all probably help.  I am just concerned you are focusing on it so much and you should be applying your strategies for dealing with anxiety to the HRT treatment. If after a few weeks, if you are still getting sweats and other meno symptoms then you will need to talk to your doctor again.
I'm sure I am not alone in hoping you will find that your meno symptoms will come under control very soon and you will feel calmer and able to get on with life more positively.
Take care. DGx
Hi Dancinggirl

I was just scared because I took your last post before this, to mean that the hrt isn't working for me.

I have got a lot of other stressors, but I am applying the info from the care package to these, and it is making life easier than if I wasn't doing so.
What bothers me is the physical feelings of anxiety that are intrusive.

I also really do hope that my femoston does start to take care of the remainder of my sweats and the anxiety/depression, because life is too short to be spending it suffering these horrible physical intrusive feelings of anxiety that pounce on me shortly after I have woken up.

Thanks

Dancinggirl

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 06:20:36 PM »

:hug: You are being very proactive.  Keep strong. DG x

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 08:06:12 PM »

Dandelion - make sure that you are eating 'correctly' [see previous post  ;) ]

Dandelion

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »

:hug: You are being very proactive.  Keep strong. DG x
So, is it still a case of giving the hrt chance to work?
If so, I'm happy to wait.

Thanks

Dancinggirl

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 09:04:08 PM »

Stay positive and hopefully the HRT will help you.  DG x

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 10:21:55 PM »

Your body doesn't get where it is suddenly! so HRT will take a while - 3/4 months perhaps - before you begin to notice that you feel 'well' again.  Little steps  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]