Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Ovestin  (Read 3167 times)

rebecca

Ovestin
« on: November 12, 2013, 08:53:08 AM »

Hello Ladies
Just got a prescription for 4 tubes, having terrible trouble finding a chemist that has a supply.
I am based in the South East, anyone else experiencing supply problems?

As I was told I would have to take this for life! doesn't that qualify you for free prescriptions?
 Or the do the medical profession consider it not serious enough?

Rebecca

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:35:54 AM by Emma »

rebecca

Re: Ovestin
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:54:47 AM »

Sorry ladies, predictive texts agggh..
header should have read OVESTIN ... Perhaps the moderator can change it! 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:36:10 AM by Emma »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 09:34:54 AM »

Do you normally get free prescriptions ? I'm 57 so pay for all my prescriptions.  Unfortunately any form of HRT is considered a 'quality of life issue' even if you are going to use forever. Ovestin wasn't on the list at my GP surgery - maybe it's not one they usually prescribe.  I'm using Vagifem which seems to be the most popular choice for local oestrogen but I have been given a tube of Ovestin to apply on the external areas as well, as i need a little extra help around my urethra.
You'll need 4 tubes (they are only small) to last about 3 months.  If you like using Ovestin I would always ask for a prescription a little early and maybe your local chemist will make sure they have it stock for you. I used Oestrogel HRT for years and the chemists don't always keep this in stock either.
Good luck with the Ovestin - let us know how you get on.  DG x
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:36:19 AM by Emma »

ancient runner

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:35:12 AM »

Hello Rebecca: I am asthmatic and need to use those drugs for life as well and no, they're not free. Nor is the stuff I need to treat my hiatus hernia, also for life. YOu only get free prescriptions for cancer, epilepsy and diabetes as far as I know. Have you tried getting a prepayment certificate? I think it's £28 for 3 months, or a bit cheaper for a year (but I get 3-monthly ones and try to stockpile enough for a month or two before buying a replacement!)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:36:29 AM by Emma »

Katy

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 11:19:50 AM »

Hi Rebecca

Blimey how did you manage to get given 4 tubes on one prescription - I used to be given 2 tubes at a time when I used it and thought that was good!  I'm now on vagifem but ask for the odd tube occassionally to use on the outside.

Katy x

Suzi Q

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 12:22:19 PM »

Hello Ladies
Just got a prescription for 4 tubes, having terrible trouble finding a chemist that has a supply.
I am based in the South East, anyone else experiencing supply problems?

As I was told I would have to take this for life! doesn't that qualify you for free prescriptions?
 Or the do the medical profession consider it not serious enough?

Rebecca
Are you on a pension? If you are it maybe yo are entitled to free scripts if not sorry
You have to pay for HRT stuff but maybe if its a problem oyu could check xxx