Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Is there still a Oestrogel shortage where you are? Feb 2022.  (Read 14238 times)

Jane_w

Re: Is there still a Oestrogel shortage where you are? Feb 2022.
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2022, 06:33:04 PM »

Having only been on oestrogel for just over 3 months and not having had any negative issues so far (& I usually react to any and all meds!) I'm really reluctant to switch...ive dealt with too much meno sh#te for a decade to start messing with the only thing that's helped me so far, so soon into the process..I think i have enough gel to last until my next review so if I have to consider a change by then, I suppose I'll have no choice ... which really is crap. I read the article that (I think?) Uptick posted. The best most revealing explanation of the situation so far.

Uptick

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2022, 07:27:39 PM »

Hi Jane_w, this has been sent to Health Products Regulatory Authority Ireland by Besins on 9th March 'We have been increasing our orders with the manufacturing site over the past months and expect to resolve supply issues by w/c April 25th.' https://www.hpra.ie/docs/default-source/Shortages-Docs/hpra-oestrogel-stock-shortage---ireland.pdf?sfvrsn=2

I suppose it's good news  :)

Marchlove

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2022, 08:13:34 PM »

Yes Uptick’s link very revealing, thank you Uptick x

Postmeno3

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2022, 08:24:21 PM »

Sadly, I think some ladies unable to get gel have been prescribed Lenzetto instead or have self-medicated with Lenzetto in the interim. Now Lenzetto is impossible to trace. It's had a roll-on effect.

Uptick

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2022, 05:45:00 PM »

You're welcome, Marchlove  :)

Estradot in short supply in Ireland until Mid July https://www.hpra.ie/docs/default-source/Shortages-Docs/estradot-letter-of-communication-mar-2022.pdf?sfvrsn=2

MSmile

• First Flush
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2022, 01:51:12 PM »

I have been unable to get gel over last two weeks of trying. I’ve been given Evorel conti now and had to phone around a few chemists to get that. Boots said they had none and unable to order 😕 Managed to get from a local chemist in the end.

Ecl

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2022, 04:01:15 PM »

I have managed to get some Sandrena gel now after two weeks of ringing around, am already steeling myself for the ring around in another few weeks time, again I think like lenzetto, a lot of oestrogen users have switched to sandrena

Uptick

« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2022, 05:59:17 PM »

The gov has issued Serious Shortage Protocols (SSPs) to limit dispensing to 3 months’ supply of Oestrogel®, Ovestin® cream and Premique Low Dose® to ensure women across the UK will be able to more reliably access Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) products

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/three-month-limit-for-three-hrt-products-to-ensure-continued-access

Louise2010

« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2022, 08:17:29 PM »

I’m hoping that will help Uptick. My local chemist has removed me from their list for want of a better expression because they have too many ladies prescriptions waiting to be fulfilled with oestrogel.  When the order comes in it all goes out again immediately. Before the shortage issues I had no problem so it’s the new uptake of HRT that is the problem in my area.  Except it’s a not a bad thing as I’m pleased more ladies are accessing the hormones they need. I phoned around 15 chemists and was fist pumping the air when I finally got a “yes we have some.”🤣

I’m interested to know how Besins will increase their production, will they outsource to other production plants? That to me seems the only logical solution. 🤔 It’s just all taking so long.

Uptick

« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2022, 11:16:33 PM »

According to this report, a Besins spokeswoman said 'The target is to meet demand, including the increase in the average quantity per prescription and growing demand, in June 2022'

https://www.ireland-live.ie/news/uk/801039/firm-behind-popular-hrt-oestrogel-says-it-is-on-track-to-meet-growing-demand.html
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]