Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: I want to thank my Boss......  (Read 3179 times)

manic

I want to thank my Boss......
« on: November 05, 2013, 05:09:19 PM »

Today I erupted....I have been getting only 4-5 hrs sleep for the past 6 weeks and am moody, depressed, anxious and live in a fog. I have not been able to concentrate and have messed up at work on numerous occasions. Today I erupted......and I promise i have the best boss in the whole world

He sat down next to me and told me he couldn't begin to understand the hell I was going through and could only imagine the pain and anguish I was suffering, but he was going to keep reminding me that we are a team and he has my back. I was not to worry as this was temporary - doesn't matter how long that temporary is, it is not for ever. I should say when I can't do it and ask when I want help and if I want time away I just take it. Eventually, (he said) "you will be back causing havoc and ensuring we are all on our toes again and until that time we will carry you along with us...."

I cried some more and then managed to achieve some small goals for the first time in weeks!

LindaMiles

Re: I want to thank my Boss......
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:48:57 PM »

Hi Manic

How lovely to hear that your boss who  is a man and he actually tried to make you feel comfortable about the menopause symptoms.

Good on him......

hope you feel better soon
x

Milliemoo7

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 06:54:09 PM »

That's lovely  :)

andius

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 11:29:46 PM »

What a nice man! :)

Andius

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 11:06:53 AM »

:'(  what a wonderful Boss ......... could you clone him?  ;)

Did it help to have his support?

manic

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »

:'(  what a wonderful Boss ......... could you clone him?  ;)

Did it help to have his support?
Most definitely. I feel a lot better and more relaxed in my colleagues company now. I am not sure about cloning him but I might consider marrying him ha ha!! On a separate incident another colleague came to find me and said I had been looking sad recently so she had bought me a bar of chocolate in the hope it would make me smile! 

I consider myself amazingly fortunate to work with such wonderfully understanding people

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 01:14:23 PM »

What a lovely thing for him to do - you're very lucky having a boss like that :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 02:15:10 PM »

There are many bosses out there who could learn from your boss. The result of his support and kindness will enable you to recover and continue to work with confidence when you feel able. He is creating a wonderful culture at your place of work. If I feel valued I feel motivated to work harder and do my best. If I'm not I'm tempted to do as little as I can get away with.