Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Antibiotic question  (Read 2043 times)

bev567901

Antibiotic question
« on: November 05, 2013, 06:59:25 PM »

I have a strange question, not sure if I am being Miss Marple & getting it all wrong or what. As you know my worse meno symptom is nausea. Yes my periods started going cookoo in the New Year no question of that. But the nausea got worse & worse all year. I have checked my diary for dates & in late May I went to the dentist as my tooth was hurting felt like a little abscess & the tooth looked strange. He declared it fit & well. Just a few weeks later the nausea started to be really serious & It made me anxious. I could not cope so had the first of many doctors appts getting no where fast. Anxiety was mounting I did have other meno signs but nothing huge. Fast forward to last week the same tooth started again, dentist declared a  bad abscess & I got Amoxcillin. After 24 hrs of antibiotic I am suddenly having better days. I think my AD has finally kicked in the timing is right. I need less diazepam. Then I have  my first hard poo in months (sorry gross I know but the AD gives D very badly & I had it for mths before too) Now antibiotics normally have the opposite affect on me. So now I am questioning if I have been incubating an abcess all this time & that is the cause of the stomach problems & the meno has started but hasn't caused me all the nausea. Yes I do get nausea very bad before a period & always have but just a day. I am so confused. I also noted that pre that dentist appt my diary was full of so & so for tea & this that & the other with the kids & all sorts of stuff. Afterwards it is just the basics, I did withdraw as I felt so crap until I totally gave up on 20th Sept. I was tested for H Pylori at one of my many docs appts & it was negative. Have I been put on all sorts of benzos & an AD for a tooth abcess?  I do have a problem with nausea I am phobic did it have a huge affect on me as that is my one weakness. I am very ?????  Bev xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Antibiotic question
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 11:10:22 AM »

So am I?  You may have had a low-grade infection.  If I am headed for a cold very often I feel very very nauesious before hand, I sort of know that a cold is in the offing  >:(

If ABs have eased the infection then your whole body may be improving.  Plus the AD ......... try not to over-think but make the most of the 'gooder' days  ;)

Dancinggirl

Re: Antibiotic question
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »

I certainly suffer with diarrhoea during stress times and when on any type of drug especially ABs. I have had two tooth abscesses in my life and each time they grumbled for some time before fully erupting. I think low grade infections must make one feel unwell generally. I know,as a dentist's daughter, these are not always easy to detect at their early stages.  I believe the tooth can die and this may give some discomfort before settling down and then it can go months or years before flaring up into an infection. Sadly it is all part of ageing - our teeth decline along with everything else.
You sound as though you are suffering bad peri meno but try to pace yourself a little more, keep to a simple diet and give some time fro the Ads to fully work.  If still not feeling good then go back to GP and discuss HRT with printouts of info from this site. When I feel sick I find fennel or peppermint tea rather good.
DGx