Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New to the forum and new to HRT and Evorel Conti!  (Read 15987 times)

Hurdity

Re: New to the forum and new to HRT and Evorel Conti!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 02:33:58 PM »

Hi pingette
 :welcomemm:

When starting HRT it is normal to experience bleeds for a while especially on conti HRT - after all you are giving your body extra oestrogen which it isn't used to - and this stimulates the womb lining which must be shed.

On conti HRT you take a progestogen all the time which works by preventing the womb lining from building up - but this will take a while to settle, hence the bleeding.

If you don't want to have unpredictable bleeding then why not go onto a cyclical HRT (eg Evorel sequi) - which will give you a monthly bleed just like a normal period which is what you would have had if not gone through an early menopause. The only downside is you may get a couple of days of pmt when you change over - but many women tolerate all this quite happily.

Once you are used to HRT you might like to think of separate oestrogen and progesterone so that you could have a higher dose of oestrogen - which your body would have had, if not in menopause.

Hope you manage to find time to make that doctor's appointment - in the meantime read as much as you can about it - starting with the info in the menu on the left!

Hope this helps

Hurdity x

Js

Re: New to the forum and new to HRT and Evorel Conti!
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 07:25:41 PM »

I have been on evorel conti patches for 2 years after starting with evorel sequi. I have not had break through bleeding at all and didn't think you did when on conti but I suppose you can on the first three months my sweats also went within a week but still getting migraines but had them before went on hrt thinking it might help but hasn't I'm coming off hrt see where my body is at the moment but doing it slowly . But I guess if your not happy with patches you could change to another and see if better for you it can take a time to  find  one that suits you keep trying don't give up

Js
Pages: 1 [2]